This affordable 6-Day Masai Mara Wildlife Safari takes you on the journey of a lifetime to one of the best game viewing areas in East Africa. Our scheduled, small-group safari is fully-guided and overnights in a luxury tented safari camp that is located in the heart of the Masai Mara National Reserve on the edge of riverine woodlands that overlook the Mara River. Speak to us about custom departure dates (at an additional cost). To avoid disappointment, be sure to book early!
- Scheduled departures from Nairobi
- Affordable luxury safari in Kenya
- 1-night bed and breakfast in Nairobi, including transfer from the international airport to your hotel
- 4 nights full board and accommodation in the heart of the Masai Mara National Reserve
- Unlimited number of game drives in the Masai Mara with an experienced, English-speaking guide
- Watch animals cross the Mara River from your private verandah
- Big Five game viewing in the best wildlife areas
- Small groups (max 6)
6 Day Masai Mara Wildlife Safari Itinerary
When you arrive at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, a local guide will meet you and transfer you to your hotel in Nairobi for one overnight stay.
Eka Hotel is a hotel with modern facilities ideally located for convenient access to some of Nairobi's most popular tourist attractions such as the Bomas of Kenya, Nairobi National Park, and the Karen Blixen Museum.
If you've had a long international flight and prefer to relax at the hotel, there is a restaurant, a coffee shop, a bar, a gym, a swimming pool, a wellness center, and gardens.
Your local safari guide will collect you from Eka Hotel after an early breakfast and drive you to Entim Camp in the Masai Mara National Reserve. On route, your guide will talk through the details of your day-to-day game viewing itinerary.
After checking in at Entim Camp, you will enjoy lunch before exploring the Masai Mara National Reserve on your first game drive that afternoon. You will return to camp for a sunset dinner.
You will be staying in one of 12 luxury, en-suite safari tents raised on wooden decks overlooking the Mara River. Each tent has a snug lounge area that walks out onto a private veranda which is shaded by the dense surrounding riverine woodland.
Days 3 to 5
The game-rich Masai Mara National Reserve is one of East Africa's bucket-list safari destinations. Well-known for the spectacular, annual migration of millions of wildebeest, zebra, and other antelope, the reserve spans more than 1,500 square km of untamed, shrub-dotted African savanna and makes for a first-class game viewing destination all year round. For the next three days, you will explore the reserve's iconic landscape and incredible wildlife on fully guided game drives.
The Masai Mara National Reserve is home to large resident populations of elephant, lion, leopard, buffalo, crocodile, hippo, over 450 bird species, and has one of the highest cheetah densities in the world. And because of Entim Camp's first-rate location in the heart of the Masai Mara, you will often be first on the scene at wildlife sightings.
After your final morning game drive in the Masai Mara National Game Reserve on Day 6 (speak to your guide about including a picnic breakfast), you will depart for Nairobi.
You can expect to arrive at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport for your outbound flight in the late afternoon.
- Please ensure that you do not book an outbound flight that departs before 21h00.
- This is an affordable, five-night, luxury safari for those who want to experience Kenya's famous Masai Mara in less than a week.
- Check out our list of scheduled departures below. Click on the Enquire Now button to ask about availability for your preferred scheduled tour.
- Please book early! This wildlife safari is in demand, and short notice availability is minimal.
Scheduled Tour Dates
This trip departs and ends in Nairobi on the following dates. If you know which dates suit you, go ahead and enquire now. If none of these dates suit you, please contact us to request a custom departure at an additional cost on the date of your choice, subject to availability.
- 09 Jan to 14 Jan 2021
- 25 Jan to 30 Jan 2021
- 10 Feb to 15 Feb 2021
- 24 Feb to 01 Mar 2021
- 09 Mar to 14 Mar 2021
- 25 Mar to 30 Mar 2021
- 07 Jun to 12 Jun 2021
- 14 Jun to 19 Jun 2021
- 01 Jul to 06 Jul 2021
- 15 Jul to 20 Jul 2021
- 23 Jul to 28 Jul 2021
- 02 Aug to 07 Aug 2021
- 09 Aug to 14 Aug 2021
- 16 Aug to 21 Aug 2021
- 25 Sep to 30 Sep 2021
- 26 Oct to 31 Oct 2021
- 15 Nov to 20 Nov 2021
- 25 Nov to 30 Nov 2021
- 09 Dec to 14 Dec 2021
- 23 Dec to 28 Dec 2021
|Period||Price per person (pp)|
|January 3, 2021 - March 31, 2021||
|June 1, 2021 - June 30, 2021||
|July 1, 2021 - October 15, 2021||
|October 16, 2021 - October 31, 2021||
|November 1, 2021 - November 30, 2021||
|December 1, 2021 - December 14, 2021||
|December 15, 2021 - January 2, 2022||
The rate is per person sharing. Please ask us about the applicable single supplement, child policy, and child rates.
All rates on our website are provided to give a price estimate only and should not be seen as a firm quote. Likewise, our currency converter will give you a rough idea of the price in another currency, but should not be seen as a firm quote. It is only intended as a guideline, based on the daily interbank exchange rate. Please contact us to receive an accurate, free quote with no obligation.
- Meet and greet at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport
- Transfer to Eka Hotel
- 1 Night accommodation and breakfast
- Guide and vehicle for the duration of the tour
- Accommodation and all meals
- Daily game drives in Masai Mara National Reserve
- Transfer from Eka Hotel to Entim Camp on Day 2
- Transfer from Entim Camp to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport on Day 6
- Exclusive use of one 4 x 4 safari equipped Toyota Land cruiser
- Masai Mara National Reserve park fees
- Domestic emergency evacuation insurance
- Items of a personal nature
- Visas if applicable
- Items of a personal nature
- Gratuities (Optional)
- International flights and medical insurance
- Tips and gratuities for driver, guide, local guides, and hospitality staff
- Additional nights' accommodation in Nairobi
- Additional airport transfer if guests overnight in Nairobi
You may also want to look at
Our 6-Day Masai Mara Budget Safari delivers some of the best game viewing opportunities in East Africa. This fully-guided, small-group, scheduled safari overnights in eco-friendly, en-suite tents along the banks of the Talek River at a safari camp that has direct access to the Masai Mara National Reserve. Custom departure dates can be arranged at an additional cost. Book early to avoid disappointment!
This 7 Day Safari combines two of the most popular travel regions in Kenya - Laikipia and the Maasai Mara. The Ol Pejeta Conservancy in Laikipia, central Kenya, offers 365km² of quality game viewing. Spend 3 nights at Kicheche Laikipia, situated at an active waterhole with frequent visits by elephant, black rhino, plains game and a wealth of birdlife. Then fly down the Rift Valley to an exclusive conservancy near the Maasai Mara National Park. Only a few vehicles are permitted here. Enjoy unhindered views of spectacular wildlife in some of the most breathtaking African scenery.
Our 7 Day Kenyan Adventure Safari Tour introduces you to the wilder side of Kenya on an affordable budget. Explore Laikipia Plateau's sweeping plains on foot where the last of Kenya’s African wild dogs have found refuge. Discover why the Maasai Mara with its lush grasslands, acacia woodlands, rolling savannahs and abundance of wildlife is one of Africa's most iconic safari destinations. In season, witness one of the world's natural wonders, the Great Migration, where one and a half million wildebeest, zebra and antelope leave the Serengeti for the Maasai Mara.