Our 7 Day Kenyan Adventure Safari Tour introduces you to the wilder side of Kenya on an affordable budget. Explore Laikipia Plateau's sweeping plains on foot where the last of Kenya’s African wild dogs have found refuge. Discover why the Maasai Mara with its lush grasslands, acacia woodlands, rolling savannahs and abundance of wildlife is one of Africa's most iconic safari destinations. In season, witness one of the world's natural wonders, the Great Migration, where one and a half million wildebeest, zebra and antelope leave the Serengeti for the Maasai Mara.
- Adventure safaris to two of Kenya's most iconic destinations, Laikipia and Maasai Mara
- Excellent game viewing opportunities with wildlife guides in open safari vehicles and on foot
- Day and night game drives
- Optional visits to cultural villages and prehistoric sites
- Affordable en-suite tented accommodation in the wild
- One night at Nairobi's Fairmont The Norfolk Hotel, the unofficial rendezvous for East African Safaris since 1904
- Two nights at Laikipia
- Three nights in the Maasai Mara
- All local road and airstrip transfers included
Itinerary 7 Days 6 Nights
Day 1 Nairobi
Upon arrival at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport in Nairobi, we take a scheduled transfer to Fairmont The Norfolk Hotel, an old-world retreat in the heart of Kenya's capital city. A deluxe room with en-suite bathroom and breakfast the following morning are included in the price.
The Norfolk has two restaurants. The Lord Delamere Restaurant is known for its flame-grilled fare, while the colonial-style Lord Delamere Terrace & Bar, the unofficial starting and finishing point for East African safaris since 1904, serves international and Kenyan cuisine.
Day 2 – 3 Laikipia Plains
After breakfast, we are taken to Wilson Airport to catch a flight to Lewa Wildlife Conservancy. It is here, on the immense Laikipia Plains, where our Kenyan safari begins. Day and night game drives, walking safaris, bush picnics and sundowners are some of the adventures we can expect to experience.
Africa's largest concentration of Grevy's Zebra and 400 species of bird are found in the conservancy. Against a canvas of striking scenery, we can expect to encounter black and white rhino, elephant, lion, leopard, giraffe and wild dog, all under the watchful, snow-capped eye of Mount Kenya to the south.
Our Lewa Safari Camp accommodation consists of a spacious tent with en-suite bathroom and private verandah. All meals, made with locally sourced ingredients, and non-alcoholic drinks are included in the price, and at night, when the temperatures cool, we can retire to the fireplace in the spacious sitting room.
Day 4 - 6 Maasai Mara
On the morning of our fourth day in Kenya, we fly to Kichwa Tembo Tented Camp in the Maasai Mara, a vast area that is home to 40% of Africa’s large mammals. Lying in the Great Rift Valley, the plains game in Maasai Mara are at liberty to roam the sandy soil of the Ngama Hills to the east, the lush grassland hugging the Mara River and the rolling savannahs of the Central Plains in large numbers. It is here that the Great Migration takes place each year between July and September when millions of animals leave Tanzania and cross the Mara River in search of food and water.
We can expect to discover the rich wildlife and iconic scenery of the Maasai Mara on guided game drives which take place twice a day, while dinners, made with produce from the vegetable garden out back, are served al fresco on the lawn beneath the stars at night.
Our Kichwa Tembo Tented Camp accommodation includes a Classic Safari Tent with en-suite shower and toilet, all meals, soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirit and beers and park fees.
Day 7 Nairobi
We say farewell the Maasai Mara on our final day and are flown from the Maasai Mara Airstrip to Wilson Airport. There, we take a scheduled transfer to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.
Budget allowing, you can upgrade our 7 Day Kenyan Adventure Safari. The mid-range option includes accommodation in House of Waine in Nairobi, Borana Lodge in Laikipia and Sanctuary Olonara Camp in the Maasai Mara. The upmarket option includes accommodation in Giraffe Manor in Nairobi, Sirikoi Camp (named Kenya's Leading Safari Lodge in the 2019 World Travel Awards) in Laikipia, and Bateleur Camp in the Maasai Mara. Please contact us for a detailed quote on any of the options.
|Period||Price per person (pp)|
|January 11, 2021 - March 31, 2021||
|April 1, 2021 - May 30, 2021||
|June 1, 2021 - June 30, 2021||
|July 1, 2021 - October 31, 2021||
|November 1, 2021 - December 19, 2021||
|December 20, 2021 - December 31, 2021||
This rate is per person sharing. The rates quoted are subject to change without prior warning if there are any increases in bed levies, park fees, fuel, sales tax or VAT, third-party services or any other circumstances beyond our control in the countries featured in this quote. T&Cs apply.
All rates on our website are provided to give a price estimate only and should not be seen as a firm quote. Likewise, our currency converter will give you a rough idea of the price in another currency, but should not be seen as a firm quote. It is only intended as a guideline, based on the daily interbank exchange rate. Please contact us to receive an accurate, free quote with no obligation.
- Scheduled road transfer from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport to The Norfolk Hotel
- Deluxe Room with en-suite bathroom and breakfast
- Scheduled road transfer from to Wilson Airport and flight to Lewa Airstrip
- Scheduled transfer to Lewa Safari Camp
- Tent with en-suite bathroom
- All meals, soft drinks, beer, house wines and selected spirits
- Shared and scheduled game drives, bush picnics, sundowners and guided bush walks
- Scheduled transfer to Lewa Airstrip and flight to Kichwa Tembo Airstrip
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
- Scheduled transfer to Kichwa Tembo Tented Camp
- Classic tent with en-suite shower and toilet
- All meals, tea and coffee, soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beers
- Scheduled game drives
- Park fees
- Scheduled transfer to Kichwa Tembo Airstrip and flight to Wilson Airport
- Scheduled road transfer from Wilson Airport to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport
- International flights and visas
- Accommodation in Nairobi after your safari (optional)
- Lunch and dinner at Fairmont The Norfolk
- Champagne, private cellar wines and spirits
- Flying safaris, excursions into the Ngare Ndare Forest, horseback riding, fly fishing at Mount Kenya
- Visits to local villages and archaeological sites
- Massage treatments
You may also want to look at
This 7 Day Safari combines two of the most popular travel regions in Kenya - Laikipia and the Maasai Mara. The Ol Pejeta Conservancy in Laikipia, central Kenya, offers 365km² of quality game viewing. Spend 3 nights at Kicheche Laikipia, situated at an active waterhole with frequent visits by elephant, black rhino, plains game and a wealth of birdlife. Then fly down the Rift Valley to an exclusive conservancy near the Maasai Mara National Park. Only a few vehicles are permitted here. Enjoy unhindered views of spectacular wildlife in some of the most breathtaking African scenery.
This affordable 6-Day Masai Mara Wildlife Safari takes you on the journey of a lifetime to one of the best game viewing areas in East Africa. Our scheduled, small-group safari is fully-guided and overnights in a luxury tented safari camp that is located in the heart of the Masai Mara National Reserve on the edge of riverine woodlands that overlook the Mara River. Speak to us about custom departure dates (at an additional cost). To avoid disappointment, be sure to book early!
Our 6-Day Masai Mara Budget Safari delivers some of the best game viewing opportunities in East Africa. This fully-guided, small-group, scheduled safari overnights in eco-friendly, en-suite tents along the banks of the Talek River at a safari camp that has direct access to the Masai Mara National Reserve. Custom departure dates can be arranged at an additional cost. Book early to avoid disappointment!