Our 6-Day Masai Mara Budget Safari delivers some of the best game viewing opportunities in East Africa. This fully-guided, small-group, scheduled safari overnights in eco-friendly, en-suite tents along the banks of the Talek River at a safari camp that has direct access to the Masai Mara National Reserve. Custom departure dates can be arranged at an additional cost. Book early to avoid disappointment!
- Scheduled departures from Nairobi
- Budget-friendly Kenyan safari
- 1-night bed and breakfast in Nairobi, including transfer from the international airport to your hotel
- 4 nights full board and accommodation in Masai Mara
- Unlimited number of game drives in Masai Mara National Reserve with an expert, English-speaking guide
- Big Five game viewing in the best wildlife areas
- Small groups (max 6)
6 Day Masai Mara Budget Safari Itinerary
On arrival at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, you will be met by a local guide and transferred to your hotel in Nairobi for an overnight stay.
Eka Hotel is a contemporary hotel conveniently located for easy access to some of Nairobi's most popular attractions such as Nairobi National Park, the Karen Blixen Museum, the National Museum, and the Giraffe Center.
For visitors who prefer to relax at the hotel after their international flight, Eka Hotel has a restaurant, a coffee shop, a bar, a gym, a swimming pool, a wellness center, and gardens.
After an early breakfast in Nairobi (included in the price), you will be met by a local guide who will drive you to Basecamp Masai Mara and guide you on your game drives in the reserve. On route, you'll have plenty of time to discuss your day-to-day itinerary expectations with your guide.
You will arrive at Basecamp Masai Mara at lunchtime. After lunch, you will be taken on an afternoon game drive in the Maasai Mara National Reserve and return to camp in time for a sunset dinner.
You will be staying in one of 17 spacious canvas and mosquito-screened tents resting beneath thatched roofs on wooden platforms that face the Talek River. Each en-suite tent is fitted with a bio-flush toilet and solar-heated, open-air safari shower, and has its own private balcony.
Days 3 to 5
The Masai Mara National Reserve with its iconic vistas and abundance of elephant, buffalo, giraffe, lion, leopard, and cheetah, including millions of wildebeest, zebra, and other antelope that sweep through the reserve during the Great Migration, is a photographer's and wildlife enthusiast's dream safari destination. For the next three days, you will explore all the Mara has to offer on fully guided game drives.
The Masai Mara National Reserve covers an area of 1,510 square km (or 583 square miles) and is home to the critically endangered black rhino which can be found in the dense thickets that hug waterways. Large bloats of hippos, massive crocodiles, and over 450 bird species are present in large numbers throughout the reserve.
While the Mara is famous for the wildlife spectacle of the annual wildebeest migration, it's also an attractive all-year-round safari destination. Wandering herds of elephants traverse the grassy savannas, accompanied by zebra, eland, Thomson's gazelles, and many other types of grazing animals.
Day 6 sees you embarking on your final morning game drive in the Masai Mara National Reserve. If you want to include a picnic breakfast, please discuss this with your guide.
After your game drive, you will depart for Nairobi and can expect to arrive at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport for your outbound flight by late afternoon.
- Kindly ensure that you do not book an outbound flight that departs before 21h00.
- This safari is ideal for those on a budget with limited time, but who still want to experience the wonders of game viewing in one of East Africa's most famous game reserves.
- Check out our list of scheduled departures below. Click on the Enquire Now button to ask about availability for your preferred date.
- Please book early! This is a popular safari, and short notice availability is minimal.
Scheduled Tour Dates
This trip departs and ends in Nairobi on the following dates. If you know which dates suit you, go ahead and enquire now. If none of these dates suit you, please contact us to request a custom departure at an additional cost on the date of your choice, subject to availability.
- 01 Jan to 06 Jan 2021
- 17 Jan to 22 Jan 2021
- 03 Feb to 08 Feb 2021
- 17 Feb to 22 Feb 2021
- 01 Mar to 06 Mar 2021
- 17 Mar to 22 Mar 2021
- 02 Apr to 07 Apr 2021
- 02 May to 07 May 2021
- 01 Jun to 06 Jun 2021
- 13 Jun to 18 Jun 2021
- 07 Jul to 12 Jul 2021
- 12 Jul to 17 Jul 2021
- 23 Jul to 28 Jul 2021
- 01 Aug to 06 Aug 2021
- 09 Aug to 14 Aug 2021
- 19 Sep to 24 Sep 2021
- 01 Oct to 06 Oct 2021
- 09 Nov to 14 Nov 2021
- 20 Nov to 25 Nov 2021
- 02 Dec to 07 Dec 2021
- 16 Dec to 21 Dec 2021
|Period||Price per person (pp)|
|January 1, 2021 - March 30, 2021||
|April 1, 2021 - June 30, 2021||
|July 1, 2021 - September 30, 2021||
|October 1, 2021 - December 21, 2021||
|December 22, 2021 - December 31, 2021||
The rate is per person sharing. Please ask us about the applicable single supplement, child policy, and child rates.
All rates on our website are provided to give a price estimate only and should not be seen as a firm quote. Likewise, our currency converter will give you a rough idea of the price in another currency, but should not be seen as a firm quote. It is only intended as a guideline, based on the daily interbank exchange rate. Please contact us to receive an accurate, free quote with no obligation.
- Meet and greet at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport
- Transfer to Eka Hotel
- 1 Night accommodation and breakfast
Basecamp Masai Mara
- Guide and vehicle for the duration of the tour
- Accommodation and all meals
- Daily game drives in Masai Mara National Reserve
- Transfer from Eka Hotel to Basecamp Masai Mara on Day 2
- Transfer from Basecamp Masai Mara to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport on Day 6
- Exclusive use of one 4 x 4 safari equipped Toyota Land cruiser
- Masai Mara National Reserve park fees
- Domestic emergency evacuation insurance
- Items of a personal nature
- Visas if applicable
Basecamp Masai Mara
- Items of a personal nature
- Gratuities (Optional)
- International flights and medical insurance
- Tips and gratuities for driver, guide, local guides, and hospitality staff
- Additional nights' accommodation in Nairobi
- Additional airport transfer if guests overnight in Nairobi
You may also want to look at
This affordable 6-Day Masai Mara Wildlife Safari takes you on the journey of a lifetime to one of the best game viewing areas in East Africa. Our scheduled, small-group safari is fully-guided and overnights in a luxury tented safari camp that is located in the heart of the Masai Mara National Reserve on the edge of riverine woodlands that overlook the Mara River. Speak to us about custom departure dates (at an additional cost). To avoid disappointment, be sure to book early!
Our 7 Day Kenyan Adventure Safari Tour introduces you to the wilder side of Kenya on an affordable budget. Explore Laikipia Plateau's sweeping plains on foot where the last of Kenya’s African wild dogs have found refuge. Discover why the Maasai Mara with its lush grasslands, acacia woodlands, rolling savannahs and abundance of wildlife is one of Africa's most iconic safari destinations. In season, witness one of the world's natural wonders, the Great Migration, where one and a half million wildebeest, zebra and antelope leave the Serengeti for the Maasai Mara.
This 7 Day Safari combines two of the most popular travel regions in Kenya - Laikipia and the Maasai Mara. The Ol Pejeta Conservancy in Laikipia, central Kenya, offers 365km² of quality game viewing. Spend 3 nights at Kicheche Laikipia, situated at an active waterhole with frequent visits by elephant, black rhino, plains game and a wealth of birdlife. Then fly down the Rift Valley to an exclusive conservancy near the Maasai Mara National Park. Only a few vehicles are permitted here. Enjoy unhindered views of spectacular wildlife in some of the most breathtaking African scenery.