Best of Kruger Safari - 5 Days Ÿ Can be customised
The popular 5-Day Best of Kruger Safari is a 4-night / 5-day safari within the Kruger National Park: all open vehicle game drives with an experienced safari guide. A night drive, as well as a guided bush walk, are also included. We spend two nights at each of two different rest camps, in different areas of Kruger Park, giving you the best game viewing opportunities. Book early to avoid disappointment!
* Best of Kruger Safari - 5 Days Highlights
- ∞Departs from Johannesburg
- ∞Stay in two different camps, experience different areas of the park
- ∞En-suite, air-conditioned bungalows
- ∞Open vehicle game drives
- ∞Experienced, professional safari guide
- ∞Best game viewing areas
- ∞Includes a bush walk with an expert, armed guide
- ∞Thrilling night drive with spotlights included
- ∞Excellent value-for-money
Depart from Johannesburg around 07h00, or from Nelspruit around 12h30 (same cost). We drive through the scenic province of Mpumalanga to the entrance of the Kruger National Park. The transfer is conducted in a luxury air-conditioned minibus.
When we get near the Kruger National Park, we transfer to an open safari vehicle to continue our journey into Kruger Park. Our first game drive begins as we enter the gates and make our way to the first overnight camp.
We use some of the most popular camps in Kruger Park, situated in the best game viewing areas.
Dinner will be prepared by your guide and may take the form of a traditional South African braai (barbecue), weather permitting. Alternatively, we may use the camp restaurant or catering services.
Rise with the sun to enjoy your first full day of game viewing in the Kruger National Park.
On one of the mornings, there will be an opportunity to participate in a guided bush walk, led by an armed ranger from the Parks Board. This is not compulsory and is subject to availability as well as weather dependent.
On a bush walk, you will be able to appreciate the smaller wonders of the wild: tracks left by wild animals, interesting plants and how they can be used and, with some luck, you may be able to see some wild animals while on foot.
We return to camp for a well-earned brunch (late breakfast) and spend some time relaxing in camp.
You may watch animals from the viewing deck, take a siesta in your air-conditioned bungalow, cool down in the swimming pool, or browse through the curio shop.
In the afternoon, we head out on another game drive, looking for the Big 5 and other animals like giraffe, zebra, wildebeest, and various antelope species.
We return to camp by sunset. Dinner is again enjoyed outside around the fire, or in the camp restaurant.
Today is devoted to game viewing, and this is also the day that we pack up and make our way to another camp, in a different area of Kruger Park (subject to accommodation availability).
This gives you the opportunity to experience a variety of habitats and vegetation types, which usually means slightly different game viewing opportunities.
Similar to days 2 and 3 in that our time is spent game viewing. The best time to do this is in the early morning and late afternoon, when the sun is not too hot and the animals are more active.
Along the way, we visit waterholes, viewpoints and beautiful picnic sites, where we can stretch our legs (during game drives, we are not permitted to alight from the vehicle except in designated areas).
On one of the evenings, a sunset drive or night drive with spotlights is included. This is conducted either at sunset or late at night, by one of the Kruger Park's rangers on an open truck, using powerful spotlights to try and find some of the more elusive nocturnal animals.
Our last day in the bush and time for a final early morning game drive in search of any animals that may have eluded us thus far.
After brunch, we make our way toward the exit gate, where we swop back to a luxury air-conditioned vehicle for the transfer back to Johannesburg or Nelspruit or connect with your onward travel plans.
Normally we arrive back in Johannesburg between 5 - 6 pm, give or take an hour (depending on traffic).
- This 5-day safari really does offer you the "Best" of Kruger. Experience two different rest camps in different biomes, three full days' game drives in open safari vehicles with an expert guide, an exciting night drive with spotlights, and a bushwalk - surely the best way to experience the thrill of the African bush: its sights, smells, sounds and abundant fauna and flora.
- The road trip from OR Tambo to Kruger Gate is approx. 5-6 hours. One-way or return flights can be arranged (extra costs).
- Please Book Early! Short notice availability on all our Kruger National Park safaris is very limited.
- Compare before you buy? Avoid disappointment by first reading our informative Guide to Comparing Safaris.
Quick links to other popular Kruger Park Safaris:
- ∞Return road transfers from OR Tambo International Airport (or surrounding hotels) in air-conditioned mini-bus
- ∞Kruger Park entrance and daily conservation fees
- ∞4 nights' accommodation inside the Kruger Park in standard en-suite bungalows with air-conditioning
- ∞All breakfasts and dinners
- ∞Limited refreshments, tea and coffee
- ∞All game drives on an open safari vehicle with an expert guide
- ∞One sunset drive or night drive with one of the Kruger Park's rangers
- ∞A guided bush walk (subject to availability, max 8 per walk)
- xFlights, visas and airport tax
- xPersonal travel insurance
- xLunches/meals not specified
- xOptional extras
- xPersonal expenses
- xGratuities (optional)
Scheduled Tour Departures
This trip departs and ends at Johannesburg on the following dates. If you know which dates suit you, go ahead and make a selection below. If none of these dates suit you, please do contact us to request a custom departure at an additional cost on the date of your choice, subject to availability.