This trip idea combines the best of South Africa's top two destinations - Cape Town and the Kruger National Park. Spend four nights in Cape Town, often voted the most beautiful city in the world, followed by four nights on safari in the world-renowned Kruger National Park, home to a larger diversity of wildlife than anywhere else in Africa. The trip can be done on a self-drive or fully-guided basis, as you prefer.
- 4 Nights in Cape Town
- 4 Nights on safari in Kruger
- Fly between Cape Town and Kruger (flight not included in cost estimate)
- Fully guided or self-drive option
- Choice of accommodation options in Cape Town to suit your budget
- A variety of activities and day tours can be added in Cape Town
- All game drives in the Kruger Park are included, on open safari vehicles
- Professional, English speaking safari guide
- Stay at two different camps and view two different areas of Kruger
- Overnight in comfortable, air-conditioned bungalows with small private bathroom
- Option to upgrade to a luxury safari lodge instead
Day 1 to 4
Arrive in Cape Town, where you will be met at the airport and transferred to your hotel at the Cape Town Waterfront. Accommodation is on Bed and Breakfast basis in luxury, air-conditioned suites within walking distance from the V&A Waterfront. Lunches and dinners can be enjoyed at the hotel, or at any of the choice restaurants in the immediate area at the Cape Town Waterfront. If you prefer a hotel on the Atlantic Seaboard, with views over the ocean, or a boutique hotel in central Cape Town, that can easily be arranged.
For those who prefer a self-drive option, you can collect your rental car at the airport and drive yourself to the hotel, or you can take a taxi and we can have your rental car delivered to your hotel.
Choose from any of the following optional extra activities and day tours in the Cape Town area (not included in the cost estimate below):
- A visit to the top of Table Mountain (by cableway), for the most famous and breathtaking views in Africa.
- A hop-on, hop-off bus tour of the city and surrounding area, on a red topless City Sightseeing Bus with interesting commentary of all the city's main attractions and landmarks.
- Privately guided or scheduled group tour of the Cape Winelands, visiting some of the top wine estates in the country. Enjoy a cellar tour and wine tasting, and visit the historic towns of Stellenbosch and Franschhoek, nestled between the mountains and famous for their beautiful scenery and world-class vineyards.
- Privately guided or scheduled group tour of the Cape Peninsula, visiting Cape Point National Park, where the Atlantic and Indian Oceans meet. The scenic day tour takes you past Hout Bay, where you can add a short boat trip to view a seal colony on a nearby island, Chapman's Peak Drive which is cut into the mountain and winds its way along the coastline, Boulders Beach, with its resident penguin colony, and the scenic coastal towns of Simon's Town and Fish Hoek.
- A visit to Robben Island by ferry, to view the prison where Nelson Mandela was imprisoned, which is now a museum and UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- A guided tour of a local township and District Six, including a visit to a traditional healer.
- A whale-watching day trip to Hermanus (seasonal).
- Shark cage diving.
- Hot air balloon flights.
- A visit to Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens.
- And lots more ...
Please note that four nights in Cape Town gives you three full days, which is not enough time to do all of the above activities. But the tour can be customised to suit your available time and budget.
Transfer back to the airport for a flight to Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport, Nelspruit. You will be met at the airport and transferred to the Kruger National Park.
Game viewing begins as soon as we enter the gates. (On this day, flying to Nelspruit is the most convenient. But if the budget is tight, you can also opt to fly to Johannesburg very early in the morning, or even the previous evening, which is cheaper than flying to Nelspruit).
Day 5 to 8
On safari in the Kruger National Park, with daily open vehicle game drives. We would recommend one of two options for your Kruger Park safari. The most affordable option is to join one of our scheduled guided safaris, like the 5-Day Best of Kruger Safari, on which this cost estimate is based, including all game drives, entrance fees, brunch and dinner daily.
Alternatively, if budget allows, you could spend four nights at a private game lodge in the greater Kruger National Park. At a private game lodge, all meals and game drives are included in the cost.
Today we enjoy a final early morning game drive, and then make our way to the exit gate and back to Johannesburg International Airport or, if you prefer, to KMIA (Nelspruit) or Hoedspruit Airport.
Customise this trip idea
This is a trip idea —not a fixed itinerary— and is very flexible. You can change the number of days you spend in Cape Town and Kruger Park. You can opt for a private safari lodge instead of joining our 5-Day Best of Kruger Safari for the second half of this trip. You can choose a different hotel in Cape Town and add day tours to suit your interests and budget.
The cost depends largely on the choice of accommodation. The estimated rates below exclude the flight from Cape Town to Nelspruit (or Johannesburg) on Day 5.
Please contact us to get an up-to-date quote. We will provide you with a clear, transparent proposal that outlines the full itinerary and details all includes and excludes. With Wild Wings Safaris, there are no hidden fees or unexpected extras. Not even a credit card surcharge. And you'll pay less than if you book everything direct.
Please remember, our proposals do not cost you anything and you are under no obligation to book with us.
|Period||Price per person (pp)|
|2021 - Budget option||
|2022 - Budget option||
|2021 - Luxury option||
|2022 - Luxury option||
|2021 - Deluxe option||
|2022 - Deluxe option||
This cost estimate is per person sharing and is intended as a guideline only.
The budget option is based on a mid-range hotel in Cape Town, and a scheduled small group safari in Kruger Park with budget accommodation.
The luxury option is based on an upmarket hotel in Cape Town and a mid-range private game lodge in Greater Kruger.
The deluxe option is based on luxury 5-star properties throughout.
The final price will depend on your choice of accommodation, date of travel, and the number of people in your group. Hotels and safari lodges vary greatly in price. The flight on Day 5 is not included in this estimate.
All rates on our website are provided to give a price estimate only and should not be seen as a firm quote. Likewise, our currency converter will give you a rough idea of the price in another currency, but should not be seen as a firm quote. It is only intended as a guideline, based on the daily interbank exchange rate. Please contact us to receive an accurate, free quote with no obligation.
- 4 Nights accommodation in Cape Town
- Breakfast daily
- Return airport transfers
- Road transfer to Kruger National Park
- 4 Nights accommodation in Kruger Park
- Breakfast and dinners in Kruger
- Kruger Park entrance fees
- Daily conservation fees
- All game drives on open safari vehicle with expert safari guide
- International flights and visas
- Local flight between Cape Town and Kruger Park / Johannesburg
- Activities and day tours in Cape Town
- Lunches and dinners in Cape Town
- Lunches in Kruger Park
- Optional extras
- Gratuities to guides
You may also want to look at
The popular 5-Day Best of Kruger Safari is a 4-night/5-day safari in the Kruger National Park offering open vehicle game drives with an experienced safari guide. Includes a night drive and guided bush walk. Spend two nights at each of two different camps, in different areas of Kruger Park, giving you the best game viewing opportunities. Book early to avoid disappointment!
A guided safari in Kruger Park (using the national park camps) is quite different to a safari at a private game lodge. Both have their advantages. This trip idea combines two nights in Kruger, followed by two nights at a private game lodge for you to experience the best of both worlds. All game drives in open vehicles with expert and knowledgeable guides.
Combine these three top travel destinations in Southern Africa on this popular 12-day trip idea: Victoria Falls, Cape Town and the Kruger National Park. You can swap the order of destinations around, change the duration and choose accommodation according to your budget and wish list. Cape Town is regularly voted one of the best destinations in the world, Victoria Falls is one of the world's most breathtaking natural wonders and Kruger Park is the top safari destination in South Africa.