This trip idea combines the best of South Africa's top two destinations - Cape Town and the Kruger National Park. Spend 4 nights in Cape Town, often voted the most beautiful city in the world, followed by 4 nights on safari in the world-renowned Kruger National Park, home to a larger diversity of wildlife than anywhere else in Africa. The trip can be done on a self-drive or fully-guided basis, as you prefer.
- 4 Nights in Cape Town
- 4 Nights on safari in Kruger
- Fly between Cape Town and Kruger (flight not included in cost estimate)
- Fully guided or self-drive option
- Choice of accommodation options in Cape Town to suit your budget
- A variety of activities and day tours can be added in Cape Town
- All game drives in the Kruger Park are included, on open safari vehicles
- Professional, English speaking safari guide
- Stay at two different camps and view two different areas of Kruger
- Overnight in comfortable, air-conditioned bungalows with small private bathroom
- Option to upgrade to a luxury safari lodge instead
Arrive in Cape Town, where you will be met at the airport and transferred to your hotel at the Cape Town Waterfront. Accommodation is on bed and breakfast basis in luxury, air-conditioned suites within walking distance from the V&A Waterfront. Lunches and dinners can be enjoyed at the hotel, or at any of the choice restaurants in the immediate area at the Cape Town Waterfront. If you prefer a hotel on the Atlantic Seaboard, with views over the ocean, or a boutique hotel in central Cape Town, that can easily be arranged.
For those who prefer a self-drive option, you can collect your rental car at the airport and drive yourself to the hotel, or you can take a taxi and we can have your rental car delivered to your hotel.
Choose from any of the following optional extra activities and day tours in the Cape Town area (not included in the cost estimate below):
- A visit to the top of Table Mountain (by cable way), for the most famous and breathtaking views in Africa.
- A hop-on, hop-off bus tour of the city and surrounding area, on a red topless City Sightseeing bus with interesting commentary of all the city's main attractions and landmarks.
- Privately guided or scheduled group tour of the Cape Winelands, visiting some of the top wine estates in the country. Enjoy a cellar tour and wine tasting, and visit the historic towns of Stellenbosch and Franschhoek, nestled between the mountains and famous for their beautiful scenery and world-class vineyards.
- Privately guided or scheduled group tour of the Cape Peninsula, visiting Cape Point National Park, where the Atlantic and Indian oceans meet. The scenic day tour takes you past Hout Bay, where you can add a short boat trip to view a seal colony on a nearby island, Chapman's peak drive which is cut into the mountain and winds its way along the coastline, Boulders Beach, with its resident penguin colony, and the scenic coastal towns of Simon's Town and Fish Hoek.
- A visit to Robben Island by ferry, to view the prison where Nelson Mandela was imprisoned, which is now a museum.
- A guided tour of a local township and District Six, including a visit to a traditional healer.
- Whale watching day trip to Hermanus (seasonal)
- Shark Cage Diving
- Hot Air Balloon flights
- Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens
- And lots more
Please note that 4 nights in Cape Town gives you three full days, which is not enough time to do all of the above activities. But the tour can be customised to suit your available time and budget.
Transfer back to the airport for a flight to Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport, Nelspruit. You will be met at the airport and transferred to the Kruger National Park. Game viewing begins as soon as we enter the gates. (On this day, flying to Nelspruit is the most convenient. But if budget is tight, you can also opt to fly to Johannesburg very early in the morning, or even the previous evening, which is cheaper than flying to Nelspruit).
On safari in the Kruger National Park, with daily open vehicle game drives. We would recommend one of two options for your Kruger Park safari. The most affordable option is to join one of our scheduled guided safaris, like the 5-day Best of Kruger Safari, on which this cost estimate is based, including all game drives, entrance fees, brunch and dinner daily. Alternatively, if budget allows you could spend four nights at a private game lodge in the greater Kruger National Park. At a private game lodge, all meals and game drives are included in the cost.
Today we enjoy a final early morning game drive, and then make our way to the exit gate and back to Johannesburg International Airport or, if you prefer, to KMIA (Nelspruit) or Hoedspruit Airport.
Customise this trip idea
This is a trip idea, not a fixed itinerary and is very flexible. You can change the number of days you spend in Cape Town and the Kruger Park. You can opt for a private safari lodge instead of joining our 5-day Best of Kruger Safari for the second half of this trip. You can choose a different hotel in Cape Town and add day tours to suit your interests and budget.
The cost depends largely on the choice of accommodation. The estimated rates below exclude the flight from Cape Town to Nelspruit (or Johannesburg) on day 5.
Please contact us to get an up-to-date quote. We will provide you with a clear, transparent proposal that outlines the full itinerary and details all includes and excludes. With Wild Wings Safaris, there are no hidden fees or unexpected extras. Not even a credit card surcharge. And you'll pay less than if you book everything direct.
Please remember, our proposals do not cost you anything and you are under no obligation to book with us.
|Period||Price per person (pp)|
|2020 - Budget option||
|2020 - Luxury option||
|2020 - Deluxe option||
This cost estimate is per person sharing and is intended as a guideline only.
The budget option is based on a mid-range hotel in Cape Town, and a scheduled small group safari in the Kruger Park with budget accommodation.
The luxury option is based on an upmarket hotel in Cape Town and a mid-range private game lodge in Greater Kruger.
The deluxe option is based on luxury 5-star properties throughout.
The final price will depend on the choice of accommodation, date of travel, and number of people in your group. Hotels and safari lodges vary greatly in price. The flight on day 5 is not included in this estimate.
All rates on our website are provided to give a price estimate only and should not be seen as a firm quote. Likewise, our currency converter will give you a rough idea of the price in another currency, but should not be seen as a firm quote. It is only intended as a guideline, based on the daily interbank exchange rate. Please contact us to receive an accurate, free quote with no obligation.
- 4 Nights accommodation in Cape Town
- Breakfast daily
- Return airport transfers
- Road transfer to Kruger National Park
- 4 Nights accommodation in Kruger Park
- Breakfast and Dinners in Kruger
- Kruger Park entrance fees and Daily Conservation Fees
- All game drives on open safari vehicle with expert guide
- International Flights and visas
- Local flight between Cape Town and Kruger Park / Johannesburg
- Activities and day tours in Cape Town
- Lunches and dinners in Cape Town
- Lunches in Kruger Park
- Optional Extras
- Gratuities to guides
You may also want to look at
The popular 5-Day Best of Kruger Safari is a 4-night/5-day safari in the Kruger National Park offering open vehicle game drives with an experienced safari guide. Includes a night drive and guided bush walk. Spend two nights at each of two different camps, in different areas of Kruger Park, giving you the best game viewing opportunities. Book early to avoid disappointment!
The PortsWood Hotel is one of the most affordable Victoria & Alfred Waterfront hotels, offering superb 4-star accommodation in one of Cape Town's most popular areas. This hotel is conveniently situated for easy access to all of the city's well-known attractions.
Arathusa Safari Lodge is a reasonably affordable game lodge situated in the northern Sabi Sand Game Reserve, which forms part of the greater Kruger National Park. The lodge looks out over a waterhole and the African bush.