Kruger Park Safari Package - 3 Days Ÿ Can be customised
The 3-day Kruger National Park safari is designed for those who want a quick and affordable way to see the Kruger National Park in the company of an expert guide, but are really short on time. We also call it the Kruger Quickie Safari and it departs on set dates from Johannesburg or Nelspruit. For groups of 4 or more, we can arrange a custom departure on any day (additional costs will apply). Book early to avoid disappointment!
* Kruger Park Safari Package - 3 Days Highlights
- ∞2 nights/3 days safari
- ∞Regular, scheduled departures
- ∞Departs from Johannesburg or Nelspruit
- ∞Open vehicle game drives in Kruger National Park
- ∞Highly experienced guide
- ∞Small groups (max 9)
- ∞En-suite bungalow/chalet accommodation inside Kruger (no camping)
- ∞Best game viewing areas in Kruger National Park
- ∞Night drive possible as optional extra
- ∞Courtesy binoculars, map book and reference books on board
We depart from OR Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg, or the surrounding hotels, around 07h00 (or from Nelspruit around 12h30), and enjoy a scenic drive to the Kruger National Park, in the comfort of an air-conditioned minibus.
At the entrance gate, we switch to an open safari vehicle. Game viewing begins as soon as we enter the gates.
While making our way to the camp, we search for wildlife and you can expect to see giraffe, zebra, wildebeest, elephants, rhino, buffalo, kudu, impala and various other animals.
Dinner will be prepared by your guide and may take the form of a traditional South African braai (barbecue), weather permitting. Alternatively, we may use the camp restaurant or catering services.
The camp is safely fenced with an electric fence and features a swimming pool, restaurant, curio shop and viewing deck overlooking the river.
Overnight in an air-conditioned bungalow with mosquito screens, overhead fan and en-suite bathroom.
We rise early and head out for an early morning game drive, looking for the Big Five and any other wildlife we may come across.
Early morning is the best time for game viewing. We may see hyenas returning to their den, or baboons playing in the sun, or a herd of elephants coming to the river to drink.
Every drive is different and part of the excitement of a game drive is not knowing what you will see.
A hearty breakfast will be enjoyed a bit later in the morning, either at a picnic site or at one of the camps.
The game drives on this safari are flexible, and there is no set time for returning to camp.
If the day gets hot and we have seen plenty of animals, we may head back to camp after breakfast. If everyone feels fresh and we decide to stay out longer, we may do that.
Usually, we spend the hot midday hours around camp, where you can browse in the curio shop, relax at the swimming pool or watch animals from the deck overlooking the river. Some people prefer to enjoy a siesta.
During the afternoon, we head out on another game drive.
As the day cools down, the animals become more active and this is again a good time for game viewing.
Along the way, we may stop at various lookout points, game viewing hides or picnic spots where you can stretch your legs a little.
We return to camp at around sunset and enjoy dinner around the fire or in the camp restaurant.
This morning we head out on our final morning game drive, in search of any wildlife that may have eluded us thus far.
We hope to see some of the big cats, like lions, leopards, or cheetahs. While we don't see them on every safari, our records show that we have found at least one of the big cats on over 90% of all our Kruger Park safaris.
After breakfast, it is time to pack up and start making our way toward the exit gate, as we come to the end of this mini safari.
We usually arrive back in Johannesburg between 5 - 6 pm, depending on traffic.
- This is our shortest Kruger Park safari, ideal for those with very limited time, but who still want to experience the wonderful wildlife of one of the world's most famous game reserves.
- Travelling by road from Johannesburg takes approx. 5 - 6 hours to Kruger Gate; return or one-way flights can be arranged if you prefer, at an additional cost
- Please Book Early! Short notice availability on all our Kruger National Park safaris is very limited.
- Compare before you buy - cheaper is not always better: See our Guide to Comparing Safaris
Quick links to other popular Kruger Park Safaris:
- ∞Return road transfers from Johannesburg/Nelspruit in an air-conditioned minibus
- ∞Kruger Park entrance and daily conservation fees
- ∞2 Nights' en-suite bungalow accommodation inside Kruger Park
- ∞Breakfasts/brunches and dinners
- ∞All game drives in open safari vehicle
- ∞Accompanied by an expert guide
- ∞Limited refreshments, tea and coffee
- xFlights, visas and airport tax
- xPersonal travel insurance
- xLunches/meals not specified
- xOptional extras
- xPersonal expenses
- xGratuities (optional)
Scheduled Tour Departures
This trip departs and ends at Johannesburg on the following dates. If you know which dates suit you, go ahead and make a selection below. If none of these dates suit you, please do contact us to request a custom departure at an additional cost on the date of your choice, subject to availability.