Jaci’s Tree Lodge, situated in the Big 5, malaria-free Madikwe Game Reserve, is a collection of luxurious tree houses on stilts high above the ground, connected by wooden walkways. These unique tree-top rooms offer you a magnificent safari experience: you’ll be able to watch the wildlife passing below you and enjoy superb views out from your elevated vantage point.
- Unique tree-house safari experience
- Incredible viewpoint from on high
- Excellent bird watching opportunities as you’re almost a part of the tree canopy
- Private lookout balcony for excellent private game viewing
- Luxurious, private accommodation, great for honeymooners
- Fantastic birding and game-viewing hide overlooking the waterhole where sleep-outs can be arranged
- Excellent location within the malaria-free Madikwe Game Reserve
This tree-top lodge provides a unique tree-house safari experience as you’re ‘perched’ up high, with great lookout opportunities. If you sit quietly on your private deck, you can often witness the resident birds and smaller mammals going about their daily business, undetected.
The tree-houses are individually decorated in a vibrant, ethnic theme. Made from natural wood and thatch, they blend seamlessly into their surroundings.
Romantic Tree Houses
The king-sized beds, stone en-suite baths and private outdoor showers are romantic touches enjoyed by honeymooners seeking the perfect safari hideaway. All creature comforts are catered for – air-conditioning in summer and heating to keep you warm in winter.
Getting to Jaci's Tree Lodge
By Air: There are daily scheduled flights from OR Tambo International Airport (Johannesburg) to Jaci's Lodges – flights are about 1 hour. Private charters can also be arranged.
By Road: Jaci's is an easy 4-hour drive from Johannesburg or only 2 hrs from Gaborone. Road transfers can be arranged with pleasure. Please note – if self-driving, get updated travelling directions from us before departing. Roads do change and specific gates need to be used for specific lodges.
Our take on Jaci’s Tree Lodge
Jaci’s Tree Lodge offers a unique tree-house safari experience that’s perfect for honeymooners or those looking for a relaxing hideaway away from (and high above!) it all. The lodge has one of the best locations in Madikwe from a game viewing point-of-view.
- Dinner, Brunch
- Game Drives
- Return transfers in an open game vehicle from the Eastern Airstrip when flying with FedAir
- VAT at 14%
In Suites - As above plus:
- Exclusive-use game drive vehicle and field guide
- Selected spirits, wines and beers, soft drinks (excluding mineral water)
- Babysitting available during game drives and dinner
- Lunch on day of arrival (please arrange with them beforehand if you’d like this too)
- All drinks, including mineral water and sundowners
- Curio purchases, massages and gratuities (optional)
- Madikwe Game Reserve entrance fees/ Airstrip tax
- As above, plus premium brands spirits, wines and beers
You may also want to look at
Thakadu River Camp has 12 luxurious safari tents on the banks of the Marico River in malaria-free, Big 5 Madikwe Game Reserve. Thakadu is a wholly-owned, community-based project and an ecotourism success story. This exclusive, tented safari bushcamp is situated in the far eastern part of Madikwe, in a good area for game viewing.
Situated in one of the best locations in the Madikwe Big 5 reserve, Jaci’s Safari Lodge is built on the banks of the Marico River, in arguably the best game-viewing area of the malaria-free Madikwe Game Reserve: its eastern Lowveld section. There are 8 luxurious en-suite rooms and two exclusive family suites. Jaci’s Safari Lodge is very family friendly (the owners have brought up their own 3 children here) and its 'homely' feel is very evident and welcoming.