Located in northern Botswana’s spectacular Selinda Reserve, Motswiri Camp is set on the banks of the Selinda Spillway and its floodplains. This eco-friendly camp is perfectly placed to offer extensive views over its tranquil watery surrounds, rich with birds and wildlife.
* Motswiri Camp Highlights
- ∞Small, intimate camp with just 7 luxury tents
- ∞Fly-in safari camp with adjacent airstrip
- ∞Family-friendly (2-bed, 2-bath unit)
- ∞Exclusive access to 120,000 acres of the Selinda Reserve
- ∞Many land- & water-based game viewing activities
- ∞Unfenced camp allows unhindered movement of wildlife
- ∞Experienced staff and qualified, professional guides
- ∞Expansive decks for game viewing from camp
More about this accommodation
There are 5 classic tented chalets, built on wooden decking, which all look over the water. There is also a family and a honeymoon unit. Children of all ages are welcome at Motswiri Camp, however, the age limit for walking trails is 12-years old.
Relaxing and inviting, Motswiri Camp's main area includes a large, covered deck with guest lounge and dining area with expansive views out over the floodplains. Views, views, views.
Depending on the season and water levels, there are a host of activities on offer to experience and explore the 120,000 acres of exclusive traversing area, accompanied by experienced and trained guides.
• Walking trails
• Mokoro safaris
• Motorised boating safaris
• Game drives
• Motswiri Night Out (fly campsite with bucket shower and bush loot; mokoro, canoe, on foot or game drive activities)
Part of Motswiri Camp's magic is its remoteness. It's only accessible by scheduled light aircraft charters (40 minutes) from Maun and Kasane daily. There are daily flights to Botswana’s Maun and Kasane Airports from Johannesburg, Cape Town and Gaborone.
Our Take on Motswiri
Remote, relaxing and tranquil, Motswiri provides a superb, luxurious and unhurried safari in one of the most unspoiled corners of Botswana. Its excellent staff, superior guides and lovely surrounds make it an easy choice, especially as part of an itinerary, combined with some of its sister lodges to get a feel for the different areas and offerings of Botswana.
- ∞Accommodation and all meals
- ∞Game activities
- ∞Local drinks (soft drinks, local beer & house wines), teas & coffee
- ∞Park fees and taxes
- ∞Medical evacuation insurance for helicopter extraction in the case of emergency from Motswiri to Maun.
- xImported alcoholic drinks
- xFlights & visas
- xMedical and travel insurance
- xPurchases from the curio store
- xAll items of a personal nature
ø Pay 2, Stay 3 Special At Luxury Botswana Lodge
Stay 3, Pay 3 Special 1 Apr 2018 -31 Oct 2019
s Other Accommodations to Compare With
= Star Rating Explanation
The star rating refers to the official grading given to this lodge or hotel by the Tourism Grading Council. In some cases the star rating is not official, but represents our own estimate of the accommodation.
One star means very basic accommodation
Two stars means comfortable, clean accommodation that is not overly spacious or luxurious. Basic facilities.
Three stars means good quality accommodation with en-suite bathroom and a reasonable level of luxury. Very comfortable and reasonably spacious.
Four stars means luxury accommodation of high quality, with most modern conveniences. High quality service, food and facilities.
Five stars means spacious, ultra luxury accommodation with the highest standards of service, food and facilities. All modern conveniences can be expected, although some facilities like air-conditioning cannot be guaranteed at all 5-star lodges, due to limited availability of electricity.