Located in northern Botswana’s spectacular Selinda Reserve, Motswiri Camp is set on the banks of the Selinda spillway and its floodplain. This eco-friendly camp is perfectly placed to offer extensive views over tranquil watery surrounds that are rich with birds and wildlife.
- Small, intimate camp with seven luxury tents
- Fly-in safari camp with adjacent airstrip
- Family-friendly (two-bed, two-bath unit)
- Exclusive access to 120 000 acres of the Selinda Reserve
- Many land- and water-based game-viewing activities
- Unfenced camp allows unhindered movement of wildlife
- Experienced staff and qualified, professional guides
- Expansive decks for game viewing from camp
There are five classic tented chalets, built on wooden decking, which all look over the water. There is also a family unit and a honeymoon unit. Children of all ages are welcome at northern Botswana's Motswiri Camp, however, the age limit for walking trails is 12.
Relaxing and inviting, Motswiri Camp's main area includes a large, covered deck with guest lounge and dining area with expansive views out over the floodplain.
Depending on the season and water levels, there are a host of activities on offer to experience while exploring the 120 000 acres of exclusive surrounds, accompanied by experienced and trained guides.
• Walking trails
• Mokoro (dugout canoe) safaris
• Motorised boating safaris
• Game drives
• Bird watching
• Motswiri night out (fly campsite with bucket shower and bush loot; mokoro, canoe, on foot or game drive activities)
Part of Motswiri Camp's magic is its remoteness. It's only accessible by scheduled light aircraft charters (40 minutes) from Maun and Kasane daily. There are daily flights to Botswana’s Maun and Kasane Airports from Johannesburg and Cape Town in South Africa and from Gaborone in Botswana.
Our Take on Motswiri
Remote, relaxing and tranquil, Motswiri provides a superb, luxurious and unhurried safari in one of the most unspoiled corners of Botswana. Its excellent staff, superior guides and lovely surrounds make it an easy choice, especially as part of an itinerary, combined with some of its sister lodges to get a feel for the different areas and offerings of Botswana.
- Accommodation and all meals
- Game activities
- Local drinks (soft drinks, local beer and house wines), tea and coffee
- Park fees and taxes
- Medical evacuation insurance for helicopter extraction in the case of an emergency from Motswiri to Maun
- Imported alcoholic drinks
- Flights and visas
- Medical and travel insurance
- Purchases from the curio store
- All items of a personal nature
You may also want to look at
This vast, unspoiled wilderness area in Botswana's northern region comprises the extensive Kwando/Linyanti River system. Game-rich and scenic, this area is more remote than some of the other game reserves in Botswana. It offers private, informal safaris without any of the restrictions of national parks. Expect night game drives, bush walks, off-road game drives, canoe and mokoro game viewing and even horseback riding safaris.