Londolozi Founders Camp Safari Lodge
Londolozi Founders Camp in an exclusive luxury lodge in the heart of the game-rich Sabi Sand Game Reserve. One of 5 camps at Londolozi, this intimate lodge features ten superbly styled luxurious chalets, overlooking the magnificent Sand River.
* Londolozi Founders Camp Highlights
- ∞In the Sabi Sand Game Reserve, known for its leopard sightings
- ∞14 000 hectares private traversing area
- ∞Night drives and bush walks available
- ∞All suites boast riverside veranda
- ∞Beautiful riverside swimming pool
- ∞Child-friendly, with Kids Club and childminding service
More about this accommodation
Founders Camp forms part of the exclusive Londolozi Private Game Reserve, often described as the original South African safari destination, with a reputation for excellence. Londolozi was created by the Varty brothers whose commitment to wildlife preservation and nature conservation is world renowned. Meaning "protector of all living things" in Zulu, Londolozi is home to the famous Big 5 and is also said to have the best leopard viewing in their natural environment. Londolozi Game Reserve is a 14 000-hectare (34 580 acres) wildlife paradise situated on the Sand River, in the heart of the Sabi Sands Game Reserve, which shares an unfenced border with the Kruger National Park.
Founders Camp is an intimate family-friendly camp, built in classic African safari style, creating a mood of luxury for discerning families and travellers. Situated in a dense riverine forest overlooking the Sand River, Founders Camp boasts breathtaking views of the surrounding bushveld and African wildlife.
The 10 superior luxury chalets are situated in the shade of ancient trees along the banks of the Sand River. The air-conditioned chalets feature en-suite bath, shower, thatched wooden deck and original mahogany beds. All suites also feature an additional stone-laid outside shower. Dining takes place in a traditional African boma, where you can savour the exquisite Pan-African cuisine whilst watching the animals come down to drink at the river.
Londolozi Founders Camp welcomes children of all ages and children 6-years and older are allowed on game drives. All children are encouraged to join the kids club where fun things are learned while parents can relax and enjoy some quiet time.
We have visited Londolozi a few times and have always been very impressed with the warm and friendly atmosphere, the high standards of service, attention to detail, quality of accommodation, and most importantly, the game drives. We have no hesitation in recommending Londolozi Founders Camp.
- ∞Luxury accommodation, all meals, teas and coffees daily
- ∞Soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beers
- ∞Two game drives daily in open landrovers
- ∞Nature walks accompanied by experienced, armed trackers
- ∞Children's Programme for ages 6+
- ∞Transfers to/from Londolozi airstrip to lodge
- ∞Emergency medical evacuation insurance
- ∞Laundry and VAT
- xEarly morning departures – rules apply
- xLondolozi “Life” treatments
- xTelephone calls
- xLondolozi “Living” purchases
- xChampagne, cognacs, cellar wines, premium brand spirits, cigars & cigarettes
- xTransfers to and from the lodge
- xAirport taxes or landing fees, where applicable
- xSelf drive park entrance fees
- xNoise impact levies for flights landing/departing before 09h00 or after 16h00
- xPilot's room
s Other Accommodations to Compare With
= Star Rating Explanation
The star rating refers to the official grading given to this lodge or hotel by the Tourism Grading Council. In some cases the star rating is not official, but represents our own estimate of the accommodation.
One star means very basic accommodation
Two stars means comfortable, clean accommodation that is not overly spacious or luxurious. Basic facilities.
Three stars means good quality accommodation with en-suite bathroom and a reasonable level of luxury. Very comfortable and reasonably spacious.
Four stars means luxury accommodation of high quality, with most modern conveniences. High quality service, food and facilities.
Five stars means spacious, ultra luxury accommodation with the highest standards of service, food and facilities. All modern conveniences can be expected, although some facilities like air-conditioning cannot be guaranteed at all 5-star lodges, due to limited availability of electricity.