With uninterrupted views of the Laikipia plains that stretch all the way to snow-clad Mount Kenya, Loisaba Tented Camp offers Africana-themed tented safari camp accommodation in a game-rich private wildlife conservancy renowned for its passionate conversation efforts and uplifting community projects.
- Located on the edge of a 500-foot escarpment
- Dramatic views of Laikipia plains and Mount Kenya
- 15 spacious safari tents
- Game viewing in a private 56,000-acre wildlife conservancy famous for its elephant, big cat and African wild dog populations
- Day and night game drives in open safari vehicles
- Guided bush walks with experienced Samburu guides
- Horseback riding among the wildlife
- Lion tracking, camel trekking, fishing and mountain biking
From their elevated positions on the edge of an escarpment, Loisaba Tented Camp's safari tents and main areas enjoy panoramic views over the plains of Laikipia all the way to Mount Kenya in the distance.
Spacious African-themed tents
Loisaba Tented Camp has 12 generously sized double or twin bed ensuite tents with high ceilings, polished wooden floors and floor-to-ceiling windows and doors that open onto spacious private verandas which offer stunning views of Laikipia. Each ensuite bathroom has an enclosed flush toilet, two vanity basins and a large shower. Six of the 12 tents are joined by walkways, making them perfect for families with children or groups of friends. Small groups travelling in a private bubble should enquire about Little Loisaba. Little Loisaba is a combination of two spacious en-suite tents and a convertible tent that enjoys access to an exclusive-use private infinity pool and bar.
Guest lounge, dining room and infinity pool with a view
The camp's tranquil main lounge and bar and separate dining area are spacious, open and airy. They walk onto large wooden decks overlooking the endless plains of Laikipia. After a day game viewing in Loisaba Conservancy, pre-dinner drinks and dinner itself can be enjoyed outside on the deck beneath the African stars. The views from Loisaba Tented Camp's infinity pool and pool deck are nothing short of spectacular.
Game drives and bush walks
Day and night game drives take place in open safari vehicles in Loisaba Conservancy, a 56,000-acre private wildlife conservancy in Kenya's Laikipia. Highly experienced safari guides will take you over open plains, along riverbanks and through the bush in search of Loisaba's elephants, zebras, giraffes, lions, rare African wild dogs and numerous other species of wildlife. Guided bush walks with qualified Samburu guides will bring you closer to and give you a deeper appreciation of the diversity of Loisaba's tree-, plant- and birdlife as well as the area's cultural and historical narratives.
- Take a unique cultural excursion into a traditional Samburu village to learn more about the Samburu way of life.
- Embark on a short or longer camel-trekking safari. Camels are a traditional mode of transport in Northern Kenya and a camel safari in Loisaba is a unique way to explore the region and its wildlife.
- Explore Loisaba's biking trails with your guide on an exciting mountain bike excursion.
- Enjoy the conservancy's plains game such as giraffe, elephant and zebra on a horseback riding safari.
- Go seasonal fishing in Loisaba Conservancy's dams and rivers. Modern and traditional fishing tackle can be supplied.
- Spend time with the conservancy's dedicated anti-poaching K9 unit and their handlers. Learn about their daily anti-poaching activities and conservation efforts.
By road - Road directions are available on request.
By air - The best option by far is to fly. Loisaba Tented Camp is a 30-minute drive from Loisaba Airstrip. There are daily scheduled flights from Nairobi Wilson twice a day and, in high season, three times a day.
Our take on Loisaba Tented Camp
The tents at Loisaba Tented Camp are enormous. They are beautifully decorated, simple yet elegant, and the view from their private deck is breathtaking. We were especially impressed by the great food and the wonderful experience of having drinks one evening down in the valley by a waterfall where fireflies and a full moon took centre stage. Loisaba Conservancy is an inspiring example of what can be achieved when local communities, landowners and lodge owners with a passion for wildlife come together for the purpose of conservation.
- Full board accommodation
- All meals and drinks
- Shared and scheduled game drives
- Guided walking safari
- Sniffer dogs experience
- Transfers to and from designated airstrip
- Service charge
- Champagne, private cellar wines and spirits
- Conservancy fees
- Horseback riding safari
- Samburu village visit
- Camel trekking safari
- Mountain biking
You may also want to look at
What was once a farming area with huge livestock ranches, Laikipia is today one of Kenya's most progressive and biggest success stories in conservation. It's a vast, sprawling area with a wealth of wildlife said to be even better than that of the famous Maasai Mara.
Ol Pejeta Bush Camp is a charming tented safari camp located in Kenya's Laikipia region. All seven spacious, eco-friendly canvas tents look out onto the Ewaso Ngiro River and, with activities like the Junior Ranger Programme, Ol Pejeta Bush Camp is a fantastic choice for families.