Just 5 minutes away from Kruger’s Sukuza Airport, Tinga Lodge is located on the banks of the scenic Sabie River, in an area offering an incredible variety and diversity of wildlife. Exclusive and luxurious, Tinga offers you the unique opportunity of off-road safaris to get the best game viewing possible.
- Private concession within Big 5 game-rich area in Kruger National Park
- The highest population of black rhino in South Africa
- Open vehicle safaris with a maximum of 6 per vehicle, with off-road permission
- Guided bush walks
- 5,000 hectare (12,500 acres) private traversing area as well as within Kruger Park itself
- Only private reserve with access to both Sabie and Sand Rivers
- Only 9 private and exclusive luxury suites overlooking the Sabie River
- Free WiFi in public areas
- Full spa treatments with private in-room options available
Not weather dependent, nor with any migrations to follow, Tinga is a year-round safari destination – although the dry winter months (June to October) usually offer the best game viewing opportunities. For birders, the best time to visit is from October to April when the birdlife is most prolific.
Exclusive, private safari comfort
Tinga has only nine luxurious, air-conditioned suites (maximum of 22 guests), each located in a secluded, private spot overlooking the river. Every suite is en-suite with an indoor and outdoor shower, separate lounge area with minibar and its own private plunge pool and viewing deck. Children over 10 are welcome at the lodge.
A newly-renovated (August 2017), two-bedroomed family suite is now available (children over 6 are welcome). This suite is exclusive and self-contained, sleeps four and comes with its own safari vehicle, private pool and nature guide. Everything is child-friendly. There are no raised walkways and there is uninterrupted fencing around the suite.
Luxurious main camp
The main camp is spacious with double volume rooms opening onto a wooden viewing deck with a public swimming pool. There’s a roaring fire in winter months to keep you warm. The chefs are superb and the food is great – they will gladly cater to whatever your dietary preferences.
Varied game viewing activities
There’s always plenty to keep you busy at Tinga: morning and afternoon/evening game drives in open safari vehicles (which are permitted off-road to get really close to excellent game sightings), guided bush walks, bird watching, astronomy, bush breakfasts, bush dinners, river walks, hippo tours, safari lunches, wildlife lectures, treehouses, boma dinners, wellness treatments, local village experiences. Just let the staff know your preferences and they’ll do their utmost to grant your every wish.
By air: there are daily scheduled flights between Cape Town/Johannesburg and Skukuza Airport. Private charters are also available directly into Lion Sands reserve.
By road: it’s an easy 5-hour drive from Johannesburg. Road transfers can easily be arranged.
Our take on Tinga
As part of the MORE Group, you can expect top-notch service, comfort, food and hospitality at any of their lodges and Tinga is no exception.
- Luxury Accommodation on a full board basis
- Teas/Coffees, soft drinks, local brand beers and spirits & house wines
- Two game drives daily with FGASA qualified ranger & tracker
- Game drive refreshments & snacks
- Specified inclusive safari activities
- Transfers to Skukuza airport
- Mini bar in the room
- Premium-brand beers, spirits, cellar wines & champagnes
- Cigars & cigarettes
- All flights and transfers
- Telephone calls
- Curio shop purchases
- Spa treatments
- Sabi Sand Reserve/ Kruger National Park entrance fees
- Sabi Sands guest conservation contribution fee
- Any items of a personal nature
You may also want to look at
Hamiltons Tented Camp in the Kruger National Park offers luxury accommodation in six luxurious, fully-equipped safari tents. Styled according to an African safari of the early 20th Century, Hamiltons captures the romance and elegance of a bygone era. The lodge is situated in an excellent game viewing area, within a private concession in the Kruger National Park.
Luxurious Narina Lodge, Lion Sands Reserve, has a prime location in the Kruger National Park, with access to both the Sabie and Sand Rivers, which makes for an abundance and diversity of game viewing guaranteed to give you a superb safari experience. Various activities include off-road, open vehicle safaris and guided bush walks.