Inyati Private Game Lodge is situated in the western sector of the Sabi Sand Game Reserve, one of the largest and most prestigious conservancies of Greater Kruger National Park. Its superb river frontage attracts a great diversity of wildlife. Guests are accommodated in 11 luxury thatched chalets with spectacular views of the surrounding, unspoilt bush.
- Sabi Sand Game Reserve
- Reasonably-priced luxury lodge
- 8 luxury standard chalets and 3 luxury family chalets
- Excellent views over the Sand River where game congregate
- En-suite and air-conditioned
- Conference facilities
- Big 5 game viewing
- High tea and gourmet picnics
- Pool and gym
- Guided game walks
- Free WiFi in the guest lounge
Affordable and popular, Inyati Private Game Lodge in the iconic Sabi Sand Game Reserve is surrounded by 10,000 hectares of untouched wilderness. Inyati means 'buffalo' in the local language, which is one of the Big Five animals found in this region.
Excellent river frontage game viewing
The lodge and private decks at Inyati are perfectly positioned to give you splendid views over the perennial Sand River - which attracts an enormous variety of game, especially in the dry season, from as far afield as Kruger National Park. The newly extended veranda overlooks the riverine vegetation, which is the natural habitat of elephant and hippo, both frequent visitors to the lodge.
Choice of luxury accommodation
Inyati consists of 11 luxury, air-conditioned chalets, each with an en-suite bathroom with twin hand basins, separate bath and shower. The lodge accommodates 25 guests in total. Four of the 8 standard chalets have king-size beds and the other four have king-size beds. All eight of them have outdoor showers, too. The three luxury family chalets sleep two adults and two children. All 11 chalets have mosquito nets for protection during the warm African nights.
Dinners are an occasion at Inyati
Evening meals are enjoyed at the lodge or, on fine evenings, in the traditional Shangaan boma. This is a truly memorable way to experience a safari evening under the African night sky. Enjoy fine cuisine and wines whilst seated around a warm crackling fire, entertained by tales of intriguing bushveld stories and experiences.
World-class game viewing
View some of Africa's most impressive wildlife on morning and afternoon/evening game drives in open 4x4 safari vehicles with expert guides and Shangaan trackers. Game drives traverse an area of 10,000 hectares (24,700 acres) of Big Five territory where strict vehicle limits at sighting ensure you'll enjoy an exclusive game viewing experience. Off-road driving gives you the best possible view of any exceptional sighting, allowing you to get closer to game. Guides are constantly in touch with each other to keep track of animal movements.
For a more personal experience of the surroundings, bushwalks are arranged during the mid-morning. An experienced armed guide will introduce guests to the smaller bush inhabitants - birds, insects and butterflies, and the ecology and geology of the area. These bushwalks offer fantastic opportunities for birding and wildlife photography.
At leisure at Inyati
The cool swimming pool and wide lawns are a great spot to relax after the day's safari activities. Internet facilities, a curio shop and a small gym are available for guest's convenience. Inyati Private Game Lodge also offers a conference facility for up to 25 delegates.
Child-friendly safari lodge
While Inyati is an ideal destination for families, the lodge is more suited to children eight years and older. This is a precautionary measure as Inyati Private Game Lodge is located in an unfenced reserve. Children above 16 may participate in walking safaris – for younger children, they offer child-friendly walks around the lodge with their experienced guides.
- Inyati Private Game Lodge is a 6-hour drive from Johannesburg.
- There are daily scheduled flights from Johannesburg, Cape Town, Durban, Livingston and Vilanculos by Airlink & SAA into Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport “KMIA” (ie MQP). From there, it's a 2-hour trip to the lodge by road.
- There are also scheduled flights from Johannesburg and Cape Town to Skukuza Airport (ie SZK) inside the Kruger National Park. From there, it's a 2-hour trip to the lodge by road as well.
- There are daily charter Federal Air flights from OR Tambo Airport in Johannesburg to Ulusaba airstrip (limited luggage and soft bags only) followed by a 10-minute drive to the lodge.
Our take on Inyati Private Game Lodge
Inyati's location is its strongest attraction. You can spend hours on the deck watching herds of game come to drink at the river just below the rolling green grass in front of the lodge. It's one of the most affordable private game lodges in the Sabi Sand Game Reserve, famous for its leopard sightings and resident wild dog packs. We often recommend Inyati Private Game Lodge and our guests thoroughly enjoy it.
- Luxurious, air-conditioned accommodation with en-suite bathroom
- Three delicious meals daily including all teas and coffees (bottled water in rooms)
- High tea and gourmet picnics
- Two game drives daily in an open 4x4 safari vehicle accompanied by an experienced ranger and tracker, refreshments on game drives
- Catch-and-release fishing, walking and spotlit night safaris
- Transfers to and from Ulusaba Airstrip
- Bar purchases, certain special meal requests
- Curio shop purchases
- Laundry and valet services
- Telephone calls
- Transfers, sole use of private safari vehicle, Sabi Sand entrance fees
- SAN Parks conservation fees
- Flights and airport taxes
- Adventure activities
- Gratuities (optional)
You may also want to look at
Notten's Bush Camp is an affordable, rustic and comfortable safari lodge in the southern sector of the Sabi Sand Reserve. The lodge accommodates guests in seven tastefully furbished suites, all en-suite with a private viewing deck which overlooks a large plain and watering hole.
Our 15-Day Southern Africa Signature Safari is what we consider to be an ideal safari itinerary on a mid-range budget to see the best of Southern Africa within a limited time frame. Take in some of Southern Africa's top destinations – the spectacular Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe; Chobe National Park in Botswana; picturesque Cape Town and the Garden Route; the Kruger National Park and the famous Sabi Sand Game Reserve in South Africa.