The unique Tongabezi Lodge is tucked away in ebony trees on the banks of the Zambezi River, just upstream of Victoria Falls in Zambia. This exclusive lodge is ideal for an intimate romantic getaway. It offers warm Zambian hospitality, sweeping views over the Zambezi and luxury safari trips.
- Superb views over the Zambezi River just upstream of Victoria Falls
- Exclusive lodge offering warm and friendly Zambian hospitality
- Ideal setting for romantic getaways, honeymoons and special occasions
- Luxury river and bush safari trips included in stay
- Boat trips to Livingstone Island
- Stay at an exclusive camp on the private island of Sindabezi on the Zambezi
- Personal valet per house or cottage
- Rock swimming pool with a flowing waterfall
- Thatched bar on the banks of the Zambezi River
- First riverside lodge established on the Zambian side of Victoria Falls
Tongabezi Lodge lies among the trees on the Zambian banks of the Zambezi River just upstream of Victoria Falls. This exclusive lodge is ideal for a romantic getaway. It offers luxury accommodation overlooking the Zambezi, as well as on the private island of Sindabezi.
Unique, private cottages
Tongabezi Lodge has a variety of unique open-fronted houses scattered along the river, and luxury cottages set among the trees, all with superb views over the Zambezi River. Each tastefully furnished unit has a valet assigned to it, to take care of guests' needs and to share information about the lodge and Victoria Falls area.
Facilities at Tongabezi include:
- Private terraces for dining and enjoying the superb views
- Mosquito nets over beds and en-suite bathtub and shower per unit
- Indoor and outdoor dining and lounge areas in each unit
- Bird House offering expansive views and outdoor sunken bath
- Nut House featuring a private garden and infinity plunge pool
- Honeymoon House with a private balcony overlooking the river
- Open dining decks beside the Zambezi River
- Grass tennis court and rock swimming pool
- Golf, croquet and horse riding can be arranged
This privately owned and run lodge is set apart from the hustle and bustle of the Zambezi at Victoria Falls, where it spoils guests with a romantic and exclusive African experience.
A wide range of activities
Tongabezi offers a plethora of activities, including flights on the Tongabezi aeroplane, white-water rafting, boat trips and visits to Victoria Falls, Mosi-Oa-Tunya National Park and the museums and markets of Livingstone. Luxury safari trips include champagne lunches on Livingstone Island, overnight stays on the private Sindabezi Island and canoe trips to camp on islands.
- All meals, teas and coffees
- Open bar (except champagne, premium wines and liqueurs)
- Luxury accommodation
- Zambezi River and camp activities
- Game and rhino viewing in Mosi-Oa-Tunya National Park
- Laundry service
- Visits to Victoria Falls, a local village and Tongabezi trust school
- Crafts and market shopping
- Livingstone Island trips
- Bungee jumping
- Gorge swing
- Elephant safaris
- White-water rafting
- Helicopter flights
- Horse riding
- Chobe day trip
- Road transfers from airport o/w
You may also want to look at
Victoria Falls is the most spectacular sight anywhere in Africa. One of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World, this huge curtain waterfall lies on the border between Zimbabwe and Zambia, where the mighty Zambezi River plunges 108 metres down into a narrow gorge, creating a waterfall that is a mile wide. A visit to Southern Africa is not complete without a trip to Victoria Falls. The falls can be visited from the Zambian or from the Zimbabwean side. The town on the Zambian side is called Livingstone, and the town on the Zimbabwean side is also called Victoria Falls. Both locations are safe, popular tourist destinations with good infrastructure and a variety of accommodation options.
Thorntree River Lodge, situated in the Mosi Oa Tunya (Smoke That Thunders) National Park in Zambia, provides luxury accommodation in an area known for its abundant wildlife. Each modern tented suite sits right on the river bank with uninterrupted views over the Zambezi. The lodge is about 15 kilometres upstream from the breathtaking Victoria Falls and offers an extensive range of African experiences and activities.