Newly opened (Nov 2018), Stanley & Livingstone Boutique Hotel is the first of its kind in Victoria Falls, one of Africa's major attractions. Serene and luxurious, it provides a lovely base from which to explore the many sights, scenes and attraction the area has to offer. Or you can simply relax and take a break between safaris, watching as the wildlife comes to visit at the waterhole.
- 16 Luxury Suites with two sets of Inter-leading ones, perfect for families
- All ages welcome
- Mack & Madi kids’ programme for youngsters of all ages
- Superb restaurant offering breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- Relaxing hotel terrace overlooking the gardens, perfect for meals and sundowners
- Lounge and bar offering luxury coffees, premium drinks and speciality cocktails
- Inviting pool
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Complimentary shared transfers between the hotel and Victoria Falls town and both airports: Victoria Falls & Livingstone
Walkways lead to just 16 Suites, suitably spaced for peace and privacy. Each air-conditioned suite has its own furnished terrace and en-suite bathroom with walk-in shower and slipper bath.
The lounge is stocked with a selection of interesting books and a satellite TV. A tea & coffee station with snacks and a fully-equipped min-bar provide 24/7 refreshments.
Children of all ages are welcome. Two sets of Interleading suites comfortably accommodate families of up to five guests.
The emphasis at Stanley & Livingstone Boutique Hotel is on relaxation. There are many quiet corners to unwind with good company or a book. You can relax at the pool under shady umbrellas where you'll be served with light lunches, snacks ar any refreshments you feel like.
Delicious, freshly-prepared meals are served in the dining room, on the terrace or - if the mood permits - out in the tranquil gardens. Spa therapists offer full-body massage and therapies in the privacy of your suite.
In winter months, a crackling fireplace provides the perfect spot to enjoy pre- or after-dinner drinks.
You're spoilt for choice by the range of activities on offer at Victoria Falls and surrounds so there really is something for everyone's tastes. We recommend booking ahead for any 'bucket list' activities, such as helicopter flights, tours of the falls, white water rafting and visits to Devil's Pool (seasonal) to ensure availability and fixed price, while many others can be booked by the concierge or a recommended town activities centre.
Please note that some are weather/seasonal dependent. These are at an additional cost and are off-site. Some options include:
- Flight of Angels (all ages) – a 13-minute helicopter flip over the Victoria Falls
- Zambezi Spectacular (all ages) – 25- minute Flight of Angels and Batoka Gorge combo
- Tour of the Victoria Falls (all ages) – following in the footsteps of the early explorers
- Victoria Falls Cycling (all ages) – along the banks of the mighty Zambezi River then across Victoria Falls Bridge for spectacular views – rainbows and all
- Historic Bridge Tour (10 years and older) – an engineering feat for its time (1905), follow the walkways below the bridge for a bird-eye view
- Bungee Jump (14 years and older) – with Victoria Falls behind and the Zambezi rushing below, this is no ordinary bungee at 111 m (364 ft)
- White Water Rafting (15 years and older) – The Victoria Falls thunders into the Zambezi River gorge below, creating an environment for rafting unlike anywhere else on earth
- Zambezi Fishing (4 years and older) – Catch and release along this river that has become a bucket-list destination to take on some infamous game fish, including tigerfish
- Morning/Evening Game Drive (3 years and older) – in Victoria Falls Private Game Reserve
- Walking Safari (12 years and older) – enjoy a bush walk with a highly-trained guide
- Zambezi Canoe Safari (6 years and older) – paddling with a guide along the upper Zambezi River, above the Victoria Falls, with plentiful game viewing opportunities
- Horse Trails (12 years and older) – ride through the bush with an expert guide for a true African explorer experience
- Woodlands Village Tour (all ages) – experience the local people’s way of life and warmth of their hospitality. Includes a visit to their sponsored primary school.
- Luxury Sunset Cruise (all ages) – on the Zambezi Explorer, drinks and snacks included on this leisurely trip along the Zambezi River
Regular flights connect from Cape Town, Johannesburg & Windhoek to Victoria Falls Airport (Zimbabwe) and from Johannesburg, Cape Town, Nelspruit & Windhoek to Livingstone Airport.
Our Take on Stanley & Livingstone
While none of us has visited this brand-new boutique hotel, we have every confidence that Stanley & Livingstone lives up to the rest of the MORE family standards (like Lion Sands luxury lodges, Cape Cadogan and More Quarters). Their emphasis is on family, warm hospitality, discreet and excellent service and beautiful surroundings. We are sure that Stanley & Livingstone will exceed your expectations.
- Accommodation & breakfast (and 3-course dinner if included as an option)
- Scheduled, shared transfers to town & Victoria Falls/Livingstone airports (3 x daily)
- 15% VAT
- Government Levy
- Emergency Medical Evacuation.
- All activities
- All local and premium-brand beers, spirits, cellar wines and champagnes; cigars and cigarettes
- All flights and transfers (other than specified )
- Telephone calls
- Curio shop purchases
- Items of a personal nature
You may also want to look at
This 9-day Zimbabwean safari includes 3 of the most popular destinations in Zimbabwe: Victoria Falls, a 7th Wonder of the Natural World and renowned adventure capital; Hwange National Park, jewel of Zimbabwe and its largest national park, home to huge herds of elephants and healthy wild dog populations; and Mana Pools, World Heritage Site and pristine wilderness. Explore Mana on foot and by boat along its myriad waterways teeming with wildlife.
Victoria Falls Safari Lodge, adjacent to the Zambezi National Park, forms a large open-plan tree house among the indigenous trees. From here, guests can enjoy luxury accommodation, as well as a spectacular view of the African bushveld and wildlife. In addition to this wonderful African experience, the lodge is only 4km away from the Victoria Falls rainforest.