Londolozi Founders Camp in an exclusive luxury lodge in the heart of the game-rich Sabi Sand Game Reserve. One of 5 camps at Londolozi, this intimate lodge features ten superbly styled luxurious chalets, overlooking the magnificent Sand River.
- In the Sabi Sand Game Reserve, known for its leopard sightings
- 14 000 hectares private traversing area
- Night drives and bush walks available
- All suites boast a riverside veranda
- Beautiful riverside swimming pool
- Child-friendly, with Kids Club and childminding service
Founders Camp forms part of the exclusive Londolozi Private Game Reserve, often described as the original South African safari destination, with a reputation for excellence.
Founders Camp is an intimate family-friendly camp, built in classic African safari style, creating a mood of luxury for discerning families and travellers. Situated in a dense riverine forest overlooking the Sand River, the camp offers breathtaking views of the surrounding bushveld and African wildlife.
There are 10 superior luxury chalets. Each is air-conditioned with en-suite bath, showers (both indoor and outdoor), an expansive wooden deck and original mahogany beds.
Londolozi was created by the Varty brothers whose commitment to wildlife preservation and nature conservation is legendary. It's Zulu name literally translates as "protector of all living things".
Founders Camp pays tribute to all those, including staff and guests, who helped to create this world-renowned safari destination.
Main Guest Area
The emphasis is on serene and tasteful luxury with a yesteryear flair. Dining takes place in a traditional African boma, where you can savour the exquisite Pan-African cuisine whilst watching the animals come down to drink at the river.
Superb Game Viewing
Londolozi is home to the famous Big 5 and is also said to offer the best leopard viewing in their natural habitat in the world. The guides are top-class, professional and very knowledgeable and passionate.
The reserve is a 14 000-hectare (34 580 acres) wildlife paradise situated on the Sand River, in the heart of the Sabi Sands Game Reserve, which shares an unfenced border with the Kruger National Park.
Londolozi Founders Camp welcomes children of all ages. Children aged 6 years and older are allowed on game drives. All children are encouraged to join the kids club where fun things are learned while parents can relax and enjoy some quiet time.
By road: It's an easy 6-hour drive from Johannesburg and a 2½-hour transfer from KMIA airport in Nelspruit. Road transfers can be arranged.
By air: Daily flights connect from ORTI Johannesburg to Nelspruit, Skukuza and Londolozi airstrip, a 5-minute drive from camp. Charter flights are available.
Our Take on Londolozi Founders Camp
Over the years, we have visited Londolozi several times. We never cease to be impressed with the warm and friendly welcome, the superb standard of service, attention to detail, quality of accommodation and excellent safari experience.
We recommend the Londolozi Founders Camp with pleasure.
- Luxury accommodation, all meals, teas and coffees daily
- Soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beers
- Two game drives daily in open landrovers
- Nature walks accompanied by experienced, armed trackers
- Children's Programme for ages 6+
- Transfers to/from Londolozi airstrip to lodge
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
- Laundry and VAT
- Early morning departures – rules apply
- Londolozi “Life” treatments
- Telephone calls
- Londolozi “Living” purchases
- Champagne, cognacs, cellar wines, premium brand spirits, cigars & cigarettes
- Transfers to and from the lodge
- Airport taxes or landing fees, where applicable
- Self-drive park entrance fees
- Noise impact levies for flights landing/departing before 09h00 or after 16h00
- Pilot's room
You may also want to look at
Leopard Hills is situated within the Sabi Sand Game Reserve and forms part of the greater Kruger National Park. This luxury 5-star lodge is built on a hill that overlooks a natural waterhole and boasts eight glass-fronted suites with spectacular views.
Bordering Kruger National Park, the Sabi Sand Game Reserve is a collection of privately-owned game reserves which have dropped their fences by mutual agreement. There is also no fence between the Sabi Sand Game Reserve and Kruger, allowing the free movement of animals through the reserve. Sabi Sand is without a doubt South Africa's top luxury safari destination and the best place in the world to see leopards in the wild.