Tanzania Beach & Bush Adventure - 14 Days Ÿ Can be customised
~ Starts Dar Es Salaam Ç 14 days ,Ends Dar Es Salaam ∂Destinations Tanzania
Combining Tanzania's Top Southern Safari Circuit with Tropical Island Paradise. Enjoy some of the most unspoiled, unhurried, game-rich safari destinations, topped off with a tropical beach island holiday.
* Tanzania Beach & Bush Adventure - 14 Days Highlights
- ∞Best of Beach & Bush on Tanzania's Southern Safari Circuit:
- ∞3 nights at Ruaha River Lodge
- ∞3 nights at Katavi Wildlife Camp
- ∞3 nights at Rufiji River Camp
- ∞5 nights at Lazy Lagoon Island
- ∞Flights included
- ∞Boat trip to island
- ∞Safari in open 4WD vehicles
- ∞Excellent guides
3 nights at Ruaha River Lodge
A year-round safari destination, Ruaha enjoys peak game viewing during the dry season (June - December) when the wildlife converges on shrinking water sources and become frequent visitors to the Great Ruaha River that runs in front of the lodge. Spend leisurely days watching their comings and goings from the comfort of your verandah.
3 nights at Katavi Wildlife Camp
Known for its healthy numbers of lion and the vast herds of buffalo that roam the Katuma Plains, Katavi's peak game viewing season is from June to October. As the dry season sets in, the wildlife congregate into prolific herds. November to February sees the park becoming lush and green once more with the summer rains, bringing myriad birdlife back to the plains. The camp is closed in March, April and May each year as the roads are impassable in this high rainfall season.
3 nights at Rufiji River Camp
Set high up on the banks of the Great Rufiji River, this camp is in the untamed Selous Game Reserve. Enjoy spectacular sunsets to a chorus of hippo grunts and birdsong. At Rufiji, the dry season extends from June until late October/early November. Summer rains are heavy but brief, bringing bright clear skies in their wake. Once again the river flows strongly and migrant birds return in their hundreds. Rufiji closes from the end of March until 1 June each year at the peak of the rainy season.
5 nights at Lazy Lagoon Island
Top your safari off with 5 nights at this tropical paradise. Kick back and relax with 9 km of uninterrupted beach and turquoise tropical waters on this private island in the Indian Ocean. Enjoy sun, snorkelling, exploring and relaxing with freshly-prepared meals your only interruption. Open throughout the year, Lazy Lagoon enjoys the coolest times in June/July with temperatures hottest towards November when the main rains break. It is accessible only by boat and ferries are available several times per day.
The scheduled flights are in light aircraft, shared with other passengers. Luggage weight allowance is strictly 15kg per person in soft, duffel-type bags.
Please note: T&C apply. Rates are based on currently published park fees, taxes and reserve fees. Should these be increased by TANAPA or Wildlife Dept, these rates will be adjusted accordingly.
- ∞1 Flight Dar to Ruaha 10:30
- ∞1 Flight Ruaha to Katavi 00:00 (Mondays and Thursdays) only
- ∞1 Flight Katavi to Selous 10:00 (Mondays and Thursdays) only
- ∞1 Flight Selous to Lazy mainland transfer to boat 16:00
- ∞1 Boat and road Lazy to Dar airport
- ∞Full game package at Ruaha, Katavi and Rufiji Camps includes:
- ∞All accommodation & meals, park entry fees, airstrip transfers
- ∞2 shared game drives per day in open 4WD vehicles
- ∞Tea, coffee and laundry
- xBar drinks
- xInternational flights
- xItems of a personal nature
- xInsurance, medical evacuation cover