Kenya Adventure Tour - 7 days Ÿ Can be customised
After a night at the iconic Giraffe Manor in Nairobi, this safari takes you deep into the African bush on the vast open plains of the Laikipia Plateau ... followed by a few nights at Kenya's most famous safari destination: The Maasai Mara National Park. Looking for a different experience? Why not opt for a camel or horseback safari? You’ll witness the proud red-clad Masaai warriors, unbelievable wildlife in abundance and the thronging herds of the most famous wildlife spectacle in the world: The Great Wildebeest Migration.
* Kenyan Adventure Safari - 7 days Highlights
- ∞Excellent overview of the best safari experiences Kenya has to offer
- ∞A combination of diverse landscapes, incredible hospitality and rich, colourful history
- ∞Get close to the wilderness, its people and its fascinating wildlife
- ∞Superb luxury in the Maasai Mara
- ∞Witness the immense scale of the annual Wildebeest Migration
- ∞Wildlife you're likely to see: lion, leopard, cheetah, reticulated giraffe, Somali ostrich, Beisa oryx, Grevy’s zebra, gerenuk, elephant, buffalo and eland; over 400 recorded species of birds
Itinerary: 7 days, 6 nights
Day 1: Nairobi
When you arrive at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, you’ll be met by a safari representative who will drive you through Nairobi, bustling capital with its interesting history and numerous attractions. Worthwhile visits include the city’s beautiful Uhuru Park and the fascinating Karen Blixen Museum.
You’ll overnight at the famous Giraffe Manor, where the resident giraffe often visit and join you for meals.
Day 2 & 3: Laikipia
After a delicious breakfast, you will head for Wilson Airport and your scheduled flight to the airstrip in the Lewa Wildlife Conservancy, followed by a road transfer to Sirikoi Lodge.
Lewa is a prolific wildlife conservancy that has become popular with celebrities, conservationists, writers and photographers alike. Lewa has a pioneering and pragmatic approach to conservation, started in the 1970s that has developed into one of the most recognised success stories, particularly with rhino and other endangered species.
You’ll spend two nights at Sirikoi Lodge, enjoying the wide variety of safari experiences on offer in Laikipia – by foot, safari vehicle, quad bike, horseback or even helicopter. You’ll be able to visit a Maasai village and witness an ancient culture, unchanged through the years.
Discover more about the hands-on conservation ethos and spend time with some of the rehabilitation, tracking and collaring initiatives and community trusts. Watch the sun set from a scenic viewpoint with a long, tall drink in hand. Dine alfresco under the stars or choose to sleep out overnight in a ‘fly camp’, with little but the African stars above you.
Day 4, 5 & 6: Maasai Mara
After a hearty, breakfast you will be driven back to the airstrip for your scheduled flight to the Maasai Mara. As you leave the airstrip, you’ll start your game drive en-route to your camp for the next few nights. Game viewing in the Mara is superb throughout the year and you are almost guaranteed sightings of the Big 5.
The Maasai Mara is Kenya’s most famous game reserve, situated in the northern section of the Serengeti. Its world-famous Great Migration features over two million wildebeest and other antelope; described as one of nature’s greatest wildlife spectacles and certainly something every safari lover should experience at least once in their lifetime.
You’ll spend three nights at &Beyond Bateleur Camp in this famous safari park, where endless grass plains are dotted with umbrella thorn trees, watched over by towering Maasai in their distinctive crimson clothing. You’ll be able to explore the Mara from the high vantage of custom open safari vehicles or on foot with expert walking guides. Thrilling night drives by spotlight and floating soundlessly overhead by hot-air balloon to get a sense of the vastness of these plains are some other options to experience.
You’ll also be able to visit local community villages to get a sense of the cultures, daily lives and exquisite craftsmanship of these ancient, proud people.
Day 7: Nairobi
After an early morning game drive and sumptuous breakfast, you’ll wave the majestic Maasai Mara a fond farewell as you make your way back to the airstrip. From here, you will board your scheduled flight to Wilson Airport, where you will be met by a member of staff and driven to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, for your onward flight.
The rates quoted are subject to change without prior warning if there are any increases in bed levies, park fees, fuel, sales tax or VAT, third-party services or any other circumstances beyond our control in the countries featured in this quote. Sirikoi Lodge is closed from mid-April to mid-May and the whole of November. Rates subject to a minimum of 2 persons travelling together. T&C apply.
- ∞Giraffe Manor: accommodation and all meals, house wines, local soft drinks, beers and spirits, laundry, WiFi access, entrance to the AFEW Giraffe Centre, transportation around the Karen & Langata area (within the check-in and check-out times) and airport transfers
- ∞Sirikoi: accommodation and all meals, sundowner and picnic excursions, soft drinks, beers, house wines, selected spirits, shared game drives, airstrip transfers and laundry.
- ∞&Beyond Bateleur Camp: all meals, soft drinks, house wine, local spirits and beers, tea and coffee, scheduled activities and laundry
- ∞Jomo Kenyatta International Airport/Nairobi/Wilson Airport/Jomo Kenyatta International Airport transfers
- ∞All scheduled flights as mentioned in the itinerary
- ∞Wilson Airport/Lewa Downs/Masai Mara/Wilson Airport flights
- ∞Emergency medical evacuation insurance
- ∞Administration fee
- xPremium-brand drinks, cellar wines, champagne, cognac.
- xCurios & items of a personal nature
- xFlights and transfers not specified