You're a cricket fan who wants to watch the England team play South Africa and you've always wanted to go on an African safari. This exclusive, limited-time Budget Cricket & Safari Tour takes you from one of the world's most beautiful cities to one of Africa's most popular safari destinations for only R 3,540 per person sharing per night. 6 nights Cape Town, 5-day England v South Africa Test match at Newlands, followed by a 4-day safari in the Kruger National Park.
- 6 nights B&B accommodation in a twin studio suite at Best Western Cape Suites Hotel
- 3-course welcome dinner and surprise gift
- 5-day ticket for the 2nd Test match between England and SA in Newlands from 3 to 7 January 2020
- Test match leg hosted by Shawn Nicolson
- 3 nights accommodation in a Kruger National Park single bungalow, including breakfast and dinner
- Open safari vehicle game drives in the Kruger
- Optional extras at additional cost - A sunset drive and/or a day tour of the Panorama Route (must be booked in advance)
Thursday, 2 January 2020
You will be met at Cape Town International Airport and transferred to Best Western Cape Suites Hotel with views over Cape Town's skyline and Table Bay. There you will be presented with a welcome gift and enjoy a three-course welcome dinner which includes selected South African wines and malts. Ex-international cricketer, Shawn Nicolson, will be your tour host.
Days 2 to 6
Friday to Tuesday, 3 to 7 January 2020
For the next five days, you will be collected in the mornings and taken to PPC Newlands to watch the 2nd Test match of the England tour of South Africa then returned to Best Western Cape Suites Hotel at the close of play.
PPC Newlands, the home of South African cricket, is one of the most beautiful cricket grounds in the world. For 131 years, the iconic backdrop of Table Mountain and Devil's Peak has witnessed exciting moments in cricket history play themselves out on the stage below.
Here, in the shade of the grandstand, you will watch hosts, South Africa, and the 2019 Cricket World Cup champions battle it out in the 2nd Test match of the England tour of South Africa from 3 to 7 January 2020.
In the evenings, a complimentary scheduled shuttle between Best Western and the famous V&A Waterfront is available for those who would like to explore the bustling shops, restaurants and entertainment venues in Cape Town's premier landmark.
Wednesday, 8 January 2020
You will be collected from Best Western Cape Suites Hotel and dropped off at Cape Town International Airport for your scheduled flight to Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport (the price of the plane ticket is NOT INCLUDED).
Upon landing, you will be picked up and taken to your Kruger National Park Camps accommodation. Your first game drive will begin the moment you enter the gates of the Kruger on route to your bungalow.
Days 8 and 9
Thursday to Friday, 9 to 10 January 2020
For the next two days, you will enjoy two game drives a day - one in the morning and one in the afternoon - in an open safari vehicle with a highly experienced, English-speaking safari guide.
Breakfast will be taken on a stop at designated picnic areas inside the park during the game drive or after the morning game drive is concluded back at camp. Typical South African dinners will be prepared by the safari guide or a chef and served under the stars after returning from the afternoon game drive.
Home to the Big Five – rhino, elephant, lion, buffalo and leopard - the Kruger National Park is South Africa's largest game reserve and one of the most popular wildlife destinations in Africa. No trip to South Africa is complete without a safari in the Kruger.
Saturday, 11 January 2020
Your final early morning game drive will be followed by breakfast. From the Kruger National Park, you will be taken to Johannesburg in an air-conditioned minibus, arriving in South Africa's financial metropolis between 17h00 and 18h00, depending on the traffic.
Optional extras at an additional cost must be booked in advance and include:
- A sunset drive in the Kruger
- Day tour of the Panorama Route
|Period||Price per person (pp)|
|January 2, 2020 - January 11, 2020 while tickets last||
The rate is per person sharing. Single supplement on request.
All rates on our website are provided to give a price estimate only and should not be seen as a firm quote. Likewise, our currency converter will give you a rough idea of the price in another currency, but should not be seen as a firm quote. It is only intended as a guideline, based on the daily interbank exchange rate. Please contact us to receive an accurate, free quote with no obligation.
In Cape Town
- 5-day ticket from 3 to 7 Jan 2020 – PPC Newlands in Cape Town
- 6 nights B&B accommodation at the Best Western Cape Suites Hotel in twin studio suites
- Private return transfers between the Best Western & PPC Newlands
- 3-course welcome dinner, including limited South African wine & malt
- Welcome gift
- Tour hosted by the ex-international cricketer, Shawn Nicolson
- Complimentary scheduled shuttle between the Best Western & the V&A Waterfront
In Kruger National Park
- 3-night / 4-day Kruger Park Safari
- Standard 2 bed en-suite, air-conditioned bungalow
- Transfer from Mpumalanga International Airport and Kruger National Park accommodation
- Transfer from Kruger National Park and Johannesburg
- Breakfast and dinner
- 2 game drives daily
In Cape Town & Kruger National Park
- Flights, visas and airport tax
- Personal travel insurance
- Lunches/meals not specified
- Optional extras
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
You may also want to look at
The 4-day Budget Kruger Park Safari is easy on your budget, big on game viewing. This small group, fully-guided safari in Kruger National Park overnights inside the park with scheduled departures from Johannesburg or Nelspruit. Custom departure dates may be arranged (additional cost applies). Book early to avoid disappointment!