Cape Town and Kruger Park Safari - 9 Days Ÿ Can by customised
~Starts Cape Town Ç 8 nights / 9 days ,Ends Johannesburg
This trip idea combines the best of South Africa's top two destinations - Cape Town and the Kruger National Park. Spend 4 nights in Cape Town, followed by 4 nights on safari in the Kruger National Park. The trip can be done on a self-drive or fully-guided basis.
Arrive in Cape Town, where you will be met at the airport and transferred to your hotel overlooking the Atlantic ocean. Accommodation is on bed and breakfast basis in luxury, air-conditioned suites with uninterrupted views of the sea. Lunches and dinners can be enjoyed in one of the two restaurants at the hotel, or at any of the choice restaurants in the immediate area or at the nearby Cape Town Waterfront.
For those who prefer a self-drive option, you can collect your rental car at the airport and drive yourself to the hotel, or you can take a taxi and we can have your rental car delivered to your hotel. Your hotel suite is fully equipped for self-catering, should you prefer to arrange your own meals.
Choose from any of the following optional extra activities and day tours in the Cape Town area (not included in the cost estimate below):
- A visit to the top of Table Mountain (by cableway), for the most famous and breathtaking views in Africa.
- A hop-on, hop-off bus tour of the city and surrounding area, on a red topless tourist bus (weather permitting) with interesting commentary of all the city's main attractions and landmarks.
- Privately guided or scheduled group tour of the Cape Winelands, visiting some of the top wine estates in the country. Enjoy a cellar tour and wine tasting, and visit the historic towns of Stellenbosch and Franschhoek, nestled between the mountains and famous for their beautiful scenery and world-class vineyards.
- Privately guided or scheduled group tour of the Cape Peninsula, visiting Cape Point National Park, where the Atlantic and Indian oceans meet. The scenic day tour takes you past Hout Bay, where you can add a short boat trip to view a seal colony on a nearby island, Chapman's peak drive which is cut into the mountain and winds its way along the coastline, Boulders Beach, with its resident penguin colony, and the scenic coastal towns of Simon's Town and Fish Hoek.
- A visit to Robben Island by ferry, to view the prison where Nelson Mandela was imprisoned, which is now a museum.
- A guided tour of a local township and District Six, including a visit to a traditional healer.
- Whale watching day trip to Hermanus (seasonal)
- Shark Cage Diving
- Hot Air Balloon flights
- And lots more
Transfer back to the airport for a flight to Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport, Nelspruit. You will be met at the airport and transferred to the Kruger National Park. Game viewing begins as soon as we enter the gates.
On safari in the Kruger National Park, with daily open vehicle game drives. Kruger Park can be visited in three different ways: You could do a self-drive tour of the Kruger Park, using a rented vehicle and our useful self-drive safari guide, or you could join one of our scheduled guided safaris, like the 5-day Best of Kruger Safari, (on which this cost estimate is based, including all game drives, entrance fees, brunch and dinner daily) or you could spend four nights at a private game lodge in the greater Kruger National Park. At a private game lodge, all meals and game drives are included in the cost.
Today we enjoy a final early morning game drive, and then make our way to the exit gate and back to Johannesburg International Airport or, if you prefer, to KMIA (Nelspruit) or Skukuza Airport.
Customize this trip idea
This is a trip idea, not a fixed itinerary and is very flexible. You can change the number of days you spend in Cape Town and the Kruger Park. You can opt for a private safari lodge instead of joining our 5-day Best of Kruger Safari for the second half of this trip. You can choose a different hotel in Cape Town and add day tours to suit your interests and budget.
The cost depends largely on the choice of accommodation. As outlined above, this trip idea will cost between $1600 and $1785 USD per person sharing, excluding the flight from Cape Town to Johannesburg on day 5 (airfares can vary from $65 to $320 depending on the time of year). Please keep in mind that this is an estimate only, subject to availability and fluctuations in the exchange rate (this 2018 estimate is based on an exchange rate of US$ 1: ZAR 11.25).
Please contact us to get an up-to-date quote. We will provide you with a clear, transparent proposal that is always slightly less than if you were to book it directly. With Wild Wings Safaris, there are no hidden fees or surprise extras. Not even a credit card surcharge.
Our proposals are quite detailed and include photographs of the lodges, descriptions of the accommodation, what is included and excluded and general information about us and how to proceed with a booking.
Please remember, our proposals do not cost you anything and you are under no obligation to book with us.
Featured PageMaps of Southern Africa
Our detailed maps of Southern Africa will guide you in planning your trip to Africa.
More on the Maps of Southern Africa page