WaterLovers, Diani Beach Beach Resort
With only eight spacious suites and one self-contained villa, WaterLovers on Kenya’s tropical south coast offers a perfect setting for a relaxing, beach holiday. Lazy and leisurely or adventure-packed with activities, WaterLovers has something for everyone.
* WaterLovers Beach Lodge, Diani Beach Highlights
- ∞Picturesque beach-front hotel
- ∞On Kenya’s tropical South Coast
- ∞Eight spacious suites each with private, sea-view verandah
- ∞Self-contained villa for families and groups
- ∞Turtle-shaped infinity swimming pool
- ∞Restaurant and beach bar
- ∞Adventure activities: kite-surfing, scuba diving, snorkelling
- ∞Exotic Mediterranean cuisine
More about this accommodation
WaterLovers is a colourful and quaint beach-front resort on Kenya’s tropical southern coastline, lapped by the warm and azure waters of the Indian Ocean. Owner-built and managed, the resort offers a personalised, relaxing holiday away from the crowds.
Spacious, cool accommodation
WaterLovers has eight suites, all with air conditioning, fans, mosquito nets, a complementary cell phone with local line to use during your stay, complimentary WiFi, iPod, iPhone and MP3 docking stations. Both double and triple rooms are available and each spacious suite has a private veranda overlooking the Indian Ocean.
There is also a self-contained villa, which has four bedrooms, two en-suite and two sharing a bathroom. The villa is perfect for families or groups of friends travelling together. It has generous king-sized beds and is air conditioned and spacious. You have the option to have a private chef who will cater exclusively to your group. You also have the option to eat at the lodge’s restaurant, The Tides, which serves excellent excellent Mediterranean-style cuisine using fresh, local ingredients with fresh bread, pastries and pasta baked daily.
If you stay in the suites, you are able to choose the bed and breakfast option and pay for your meals by the day at The Tides.
Space to relax; activities to entertain
WaterLovers offers plenty of shady corners, cool verandas and palm-fronded beaches to simply relax and unwind. If you’re more the active type, there’s loads to do and see:
- Shimba Hills Nature Reserve, a sanctuary for elephant, buffalo, antelope and other wildlife, is a 35 km away
- Extensive coral reefs can be reached within 10 minutes by kayak to go snorkelling and explore the tropical sea beds
- The reef is diverse and offers a variety of dive spots where you can see colourful reef fish, beautiful sea turtles and giant whale sharks (November to March)
- Big game fishing can be arranged: blue marlin, sail fish, tuna and the like
- The coral reef forms a natural protective barrier, making swimming safe (no sharks)
- Conditions good for kite surfing and wind surfing with a local water sports centre offering lessons to beginners
- 18-hole golf course a few minutes away from the lodge
- Kisite Marine National Park, famous for its stunning and intact coral gardens with more than 250 species of marine life is a short drive away
- A selection of pampering massage therapies, skin and body treatments and yoga lessons are available
Custom Built to be Eco-Friendly
The lodge has been constructed using local materials from sustainable sources and no tree or plant was cut down in the process. The owners are concerned about environment and do what they can to adopt responsible tourism practices: the use of solar power, using recycled glasses, supporting local projects and protecting the fauna and flora around the resort. They have written a booklet on the local environment to help you identify and enjoy the local wildlife, which includes a few families of rare black and white Colobus monkeys, bush babies and many varieties of colourful birds.
WaterLovers is about 35 km south of Moi International Airport at Mombasa. Regular scheduled flights connect to over 20 cities in the region and 18 airlines fly direct here from Europe. It’s a 1-hour flight from Nairobi to Moi. From the airport, it’s a 1¼-drive which includes a ferry crossing from Mombasa (the ferry is operated 24/7).
Our take on WaterLovers
A bright and beautiful, inviting lodge in a beach paradise setting – what more could you ask for? The owners are passionate and involved, eager to make your stay as special as possible – as is very apparent in their motto: “come as client and leave as a friend” ...
- ∞Full board
- ∞Daily cleaning, changing of linen & towels in villas
- xItems of a personal nature
s Other Accommodations to Compare With
= Star Rating Explanation
The star rating refers to the official grading given to this lodge or hotel by the Tourism Grading Council. In some cases the star rating is not official, but represents our own estimate of the accommodation.
One star means very basic accommodation
Two stars means comfortable, clean accommodation that is not overly spacious or luxurious. Basic facilities.
Three stars means good quality accommodation with en-suite bathroom and a reasonable level of luxury. Very comfortable and reasonably spacious.
Four stars means luxury accommodation of high quality, with most modern conveniences. High quality service, food and facilities.
Five stars means spacious, ultra luxury accommodation with the highest standards of service, food and facilities. All modern conveniences can be expected, although some facilities like air-conditioning cannot be guaranteed at all 5-star lodges, due to limited availability of electricity.