Well-located in Madikwe's western sector, Tuningi Safari Lodge overlooks a small waterhole which attracts a large variety of wildlife – by day and by night. Exclusive luxury, excellent cuisine and superb hospitality will make your safari an experience to remember.
- Overlooks active waterhole, floodlit at night
- Superb, spacious accommodation with family and group suites
- Child-friendly with a dedicated activity programme
- A small, intimate lodge
- Only 16 people accommodated in four luxury and two double family suites
- Little Tuningi sleeps only six guests in unsurpassed luxury
- Breath-taking views from main lodge decks and private wrap-around decks
- Open boma area for starlit, al fresco dining
- Rim-flow pool also overlooks a water hole
- Exclusive-use private lodges for extra privacy
Set in the western sector of malaria-free Madikwe, Tuningi Safari Lodge offers 5-star luxury and top-class hospitality.
A small, intimate lodge
This private lodge accommodates 16 guests in four luxury and two double family suites, each with breath-taking views of the surrounding bush from private viewing decks. The main deck and boma overlook a waterhole where you can indulge in the sights and sounds from just a few feet away.
Little Tuningi, which sleeps a maximum of 6 adults, is part of the main lodge and can be booked on an exclusive-use basis, making it ideal for families and small group safaris. This private lodge consists of a family suite, a separate luxury suite with two en-suite bedrooms, its own lounge and dining room, a kitchenette, wrap-around wooden deck, a separate private pool and mini outdoor boma.
Little Tuningi comes with its own private game vehicle and ranger, allowing you to set your own pace of your safari and provides a more personalised experience. You also have full access to the main lodge and all its facilities, giving you the flexibility to be completely private or to socialise with other guests at the lodge.
Excellent game viewing
Tuningi offers an impressive Big 5 safari experience and personalised service in a friendly and relaxed environment. It’s also one of the few family-friendly, 5-star safari lodges in South Africa and the staff will introduce your children to the wonders of the wild safely and with enthusiasm. Children under 6 will be taken on their own, shorter game drives. All drives are in an open safari vehicle, accompanied by an expert and knowledgeable ranger/guide.
Tuningi is about 4,5 hours’ drive from Pretoria/Johannesburg, via Zeerust. The closest entrance gate is the Wonderboom Gate, from where it’s an 8 km drive to the lodge. Road transfers are available. Daily flights connect from OR Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg.
Our Take on Tuningi
Tuningi is a beautiful, luxurious lodge where you’ll receive a warm welcome and the enthusiastic, professional staff will go out of their way to make your stay exceptional – from your comfort to meals to leisure time to outstanding safari experiences. Easy to recommend.
- Luxury Accommodation and all meals
- Game drives in open safari vehicle with ranger/guide
- Teas & coffees with meals
- Curio shop purchases
- Telephone calls
- Tourism levy
- Entrance fee (fly in or drive in)
- Laundry services
- Airstrip to lodge transfers. (Transfers from the Western Airstrip are complementary: however, when the weather is bad and aircraft has to land at the Eastern Airstrip, a one way charge will apply)
You may also want to look at
Madikwe Safari Lodge offers 20 luxury suites in three private lodges: Lelapa, Dithaba and Kopano, each with its own purpose and personality - in the best game-viewing section of malaria-free, Big 5 Madikwe Game Reserve. Set on a ridge overlooking the reserve, the lodge offers sweeping views out over the plains of Madikwe.
Set on a hilltop in the heart of malaria-free, Big 5 Madikwe Game Reserve, Madikwe Hills Private Game Reserve is the essential 5-star safari lodge where the emphasis is on privacy, discreet and intuitive service and culinary excellence. It's the perfect safari choice for romantic getaways, corporate breakaways and special family gatherings.