Tongabezi Lodge, Livingstone Luxury Lodge
The unique Tongabezi Lodge is tucked away in ebony trees on the banks of the Zambezi River, just upstream of Victoria Falls in Zambia. This exclusive lodge is ideal for an intimate romantic getaway, offering warm Zambian hospitality, sweeping views over the Zambezi and luxury safari trips.
* Tongabezi Lodge Highlights
- ∞Superb views over the Zambezi just upstream of Victoria Falls
- ∞ Exclusive lodge offering warm and friendly Zambian hospitality
- ∞ Ideal setting for romantic getaways, honeymoons and special occasions
- ∞ Luxury river and bush safari trips included in stay
- ∞ Boat trips to Livingstone Island
- ∞ Stay at an exclusive camp on the private island of Sindabezi on the Zambezi
- ∞ Personal valet per house or cottage
- ∞ Rock swimming pool with a flowing waterfall
- ∞ Thatched bar on the banks of the Zambezi River
- ∞ First riverside lodge established on the Zambian side of Victoria Falls
More about this accommodation
Tongabezi Lodge lies among trees on the Zambian banks of the Zambezi River just upstream of Victoria Falls. This exclusive lodge is ideal for a romantic getaway, offering luxury accommodation overlooking the Zambezi, as well as on the private island of Sindabezi.
Tongabezi Lodge has a variety of unique open-fronted houses scattered along the river and luxury cottages set among the trees, all with superb views over the Zambezi River. Each tastefully furnished unit has a valet assigned to it, to take care of guests’ needs and share information about the lodge and Vic Falls area.
Facilities at Tongabezi include:
- Private terraces for dining and enjoying the superb views
- Mosquito nets over beds and en-suite bathtub and shower per unit
- Indoor and outdoor dining and lounge areas in each unit
- Bird House offering expansive views and outdoor sunken bath
- Nut House featuring a private garden and infinity plunge pool
- Honeymoon House with a private balcony overlooking the River
- Open dining decks beside the Zambezi River
- Grass tennis court and rock swimming pool
- Golf, croquet and horse riding can be arranged
This privately owned and run lodge is set apart from the hustle and bustle of banks of the Zambezi at Victoria Falls, for a romantic and exclusive African experience.
Tongabezi offers a plethora of activities, including flights on the Tongabezi aeroplane, white water rafting, boat trips and visits to Victoria Falls, Mosi-Oa-Tunya National Park and the museums and markets of Livingstone. Luxury safari trips include champagne lunches on Livingstone Island, overnight stays on the private Sindabezi island and canoe trips camping on islands.
- ∞All meals, teas and coffees
- ∞Open bar (except champagne, premium wines and liqueurs)
- ∞Luxury accommodation
- ∞Zambezi River and camp activities
- ∞Game and rhino viewing in Mosi-Oa-Tunya National Park
- ∞Laundry service
- ∞Visits to Victoria Falls, a local village and Tongabezi trust school
- ∞Crafts and market shopping
- xLivingstone Island trips
- x Bungee jumping
- x Gorge Swing
- x Elephant safaris
- x Whitewater rafting
- x Helicopter flights
- x Micro lighting
- x Horse riding
- x Chobe Day trip
- x Road transfers from airport o/w
s Other Accommodations to Compare With
= Star Rating Explanation
The star rating refers to the official grading given to this lodge or hotel by the Tourism Grading Council. In some cases the star rating is not official, but represents our own estimate of the accommodation.
One star means very basic accommodation
Two stars means comfortable, clean accommodation that is not overly spacious or luxurious. Basic facilities.
Three stars means good quality accommodation with en-suite bathroom and a reasonable level of luxury. Very comfortable and reasonably spacious.
Four stars means luxury accommodation of high quality, with most modern conveniences. High quality service, food and facilities.
Five stars means spacious, ultra luxury accommodation with the highest standards of service, food and facilities. All modern conveniences can be expected, although some facilities like air-conditioning cannot be guaranteed at all 5-star lodges, due to limited availability of electricity.