Nogatsaa Pans Lodge
About 80 km south of the Chobe River lies Nogatsaa Pans Lodge. The area is studded with natural clay-bottom pans that provide plentiful water in summer, supplemented by boreholes during winter months. Idyllic and peaceful, there are raised hides at four waterholes where you can watch the fascinating inhabitants of this pristine bush go about their daily lives.
* Nogatsaa Pans Lodge Highlights
- ∞Designed for comfort and ecological sensitivity
- ∞Overlooks the large Kikamba Pan
- ∞Remote and pristine
- ∞Fully solar powered
- ∞Sleeps maximum of 28 people
- ∞Each unit has spacious viewing deck
- ∞Four local game viewing hides for superb sightings
- ∞Game drives twice daily
- ∞Bird watching & star gazing
- ∞Swimming pool and deck area
More about this accommodation
Nogatsaa Pans Lodge has 12 Luxury Tented Rooms and can sleep a maximum of 28 people. There are 10 Twin/Super King luxury tented rooms and two family tented rooms which can sleep four in 2 adjoining rooms with an en-suite bathroom.
Each tented unit has a generous private viewing deck with luxurious fittings and linen and comfortable armchairs to snuggle up in.
Ceiling fans and mosquito nets are provided.
Comfortable Main Lodge
A spacious lounge area provides various seating areas for reading and relaxing. A spacious deck offer views over the well-visited natural pan in front of the lodge. A pool is planned in the near future.
There is also a dining area, bar, open-air boma and curio shop, WiFi and a recharging station. A cosy library has an excellent collection of books on local animals, fauna and flora.
Daily Game Activities
Morning and afternoon/early evening game drives in open 4WD safari vehicles are offered by experienced, knowledgeable guides. The area is a birdwatcher's haven and a stargazer's delight, far removed from city lights.
Nogatsaa Pans Lodge is in the eastern part of Chobe National Park, approximately 80 km from Kasane from where it's a 2-hour drive. Road transfers can be arranged.
Our Take on Nogatsaa
One of the newer lodges in the area, Nogatsaa shows a great deal of promise. The tents are large and airy with plenty of light flooding in. Would recommend for some real bush R&R at the end of a safari itinerary as it really invites you to kick back and relax.
- ∞Accommodation with all meals, teas/coffees, snacks
- ∞Local drinks (soft drinks, water, local beers, selected wines and spirits)
- ∞ Activities (game drives, game activities, walks around the lodge)
- ∞Government taxes & park fees
- xRoad transfers, flights, travel insurance and visa costs
- xPremium brand beverages (imported beers, wines and spirits)
- xCurios and items of a personal nature
- xVehicle entrance fees for self-drive guests
- xSpa treatments
- xBotswana Government Tourism Development levy
ø 2019 Stay-Another-Day Specials at Chobe Lodges
Stay-Another-Day Specials: 1 Apr - 30 Nov 2019
s Other Accommodations to Compare With
= Star Rating Explanation
The star rating refers to the official grading given to this lodge or hotel by the Tourism Grading Council. In some cases the star rating is not official, but represents our own estimate of the accommodation.
One star means very basic accommodation
Two stars means comfortable, clean accommodation that is not overly spacious or luxurious. Basic facilities.
Three stars means good quality accommodation with en-suite bathroom and a reasonable level of luxury. Very comfortable and reasonably spacious.
Four stars means luxury accommodation of high quality, with most modern conveniences. High quality service, food and facilities.
Five stars means spacious, ultra luxury accommodation with the highest standards of service, food and facilities. All modern conveniences can be expected, although some facilities like air-conditioning cannot be guaranteed at all 5-star lodges, due to limited availability of electricity.