Londolozi Varty Camp Safari Lodge
Londolozi Varty Camp is one of five camps in the exclusive and very luxurious Londolozi Private Game Reserve, situated in the famous game-rich Sabi Sand Game Reserve, which forms part of the Greater Kruger National Park. Londolozi Varty Camp offers eight luxurious chalets and two gracious suites, magnificent views over the Sand River and prime game viewing opportunities.
* Londolozi Varty Camp Highlights
- ∞Inside the game-rich Sabi Sand Game Reserve, sharing unfenced borders with the Kruger National Park
- ∞14 000 hectars private traversing area
- ∞Night-time drives and bush walks available
- ∞Child friendly with Kids Club and child minding service available
- ∞Superb air-conditioned accommodation
- ∞Luxury bathrooms with private views of the bush
- ∞Beautiful viewing decks and private plunge pools
More about this accommodation
Londolozi Varty Camp was built on the site of the original Sparta hunting camp, in tribute to the early beginnings of Londolozi, which has been in the Varty family for more than 80 years. Situated to the north of the reserve, the camp is often referred to as the 'heart and soul of Londolozi'.
Varty Camp offers eight luxurious chalets and two superior chalets. All suites have private plunge pools and timber viewing decks. The living spaces are raised off the ground and shaded under a canopy of trees.
Each en-suite bathroom has a spacious tub, from where you can savour the uninterrupted views of the riverine bush. All suites also have underfloor heating and an outdoor shower.
Main Camp Area Focus Point
Spacious, elegant and welcoming, Varty Camp is home to the reserve's boutique safari shop, a fully-equipped gym and massage treatment room. Guests from all camps are invited to make use of these facilities as well as the Yoga Deck situated next to Founders Camp.
Beautifully prepared, fresh cuisine with an African flair is served in the dining area overlooking the Sand River or in the large boma.
Game Viewing at its Best
Londolozi is one of the most famous and well-loved South African private game reserves, occupying a prime spot in the exclusive Sabi Sand Game Reserve. Many rate it as one of the best game experiences in Southern Africa.
Londolozi was created by the Varty brothers whose commitment to wildlife preservation and nature conservation is world renowned. Meaning "protector of all living things" in Zulu, Londolozi is home to the famous Big 5. It is also heralded as having the highest concentration of leopard in their natural habitat than anywhere else on Earth.
The reserve stretches over 14 000-hectare (34 580 acres) of pristine African bushveld. The perennial and life-giving Sand River runs through it. It shares unfenced borders with iconic Kruger National Park which allows unhindered movement of wildlife on one of the largest game conservancy areas in the world.
Two daily game drives on open land rovers are included, led by an experienced ranger and local tracker. An optional guided bush walk with an armed ranger is also available daily.
Varty Camp welcomes children and a special children's programme is in place to keep little ones educated and entertained.
By road: It is a 6-hour drive from Johannesburg and a 2½-hour drive from Nelspruit's KMIA airport. Road transfers can be arranged.
By air: Daily flights connect from ORTI Johannesburg to KMIA, Skukuza Airport and the Londolozi airstrip, a 5-minute drive away from camp. Charter flights may also be arranged.
Our Take on Londolozi Varty Camp
Whenever we have visited Londolozi over the years, we have always been impressed with their warm and friendly welcome, exceptional levels of intuitive, unintrusive service and attention to the small but important things. The accommodation is world class and the game drives are thrilling.
What more could you possibly ask for?
- ∞Luxury accommodation, all meals, teas and coffees daily
- ∞Soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beers
- ∞Two game drives daily in open landrovers
- ∞Nature walks accompanied by experienced, armed trackers
- ∞One group yoga class per day
- ∞Fitness Room
- ∞Children's Programme for ages 6+
- ∞Transfers to/from Londolozi airstrip to lodge
- ∞Emergency medical evacuation insurance
- ∞Laundry and VAT
- xEarly morning departures – rules apply
- xLondolozi “Life” treatments
- xTelephone calls
- xLondolozi “Living” purchases
- xChampagne, cognacs, cellar wines, premium brand spirits, cigars & cigarettes
- xTransfers to and from the lodge
- xAirport taxes or landing fees, where applicable
- xSelf drive park entrance fees
- xNoise impact levies for flights landing/departing before 09h00 or after 16h00
- xPilot's room
s Other Accommodations to Compare With
= Star Rating Explanation
The star rating refers to the official grading given to this lodge or hotel by the Tourism Grading Council. In some cases the star rating is not official, but represents our own estimate of the accommodation.
One star means very basic accommodation
Two stars means comfortable, clean accommodation that is not overly spacious or luxurious. Basic facilities.
Three stars means good quality accommodation with en-suite bathroom and a reasonable level of luxury. Very comfortable and reasonably spacious.
Four stars means luxury accommodation of high quality, with most modern conveniences. High quality service, food and facilities.
Five stars means spacious, ultra luxury accommodation with the highest standards of service, food and facilities. All modern conveniences can be expected, although some facilities like air-conditioning cannot be guaranteed at all 5-star lodges, due to limited availability of electricity.