Lion Sands Narina Lodge Safari Tree Camp
Luxurious Narina Lodge, Lion Sands Reserve, has a prime location in the Kruger National Park, with access to both the Sabie and Sand Rivers, which makes for an abundance and diversity of game viewing guaranteed to give you a superb safari experience. Various activities include off-road, open vehicle safaris and guided bush walks.
* Lion Sands Narina Lodge Highlights
- ∞Luxury, exclusive lodge in game-rich southern Kruger National Park
- ∞Big 5 game area with the highest population of black rhino in South Africa
- ∞Private concession area of 5,000 hectares with access to Kruger National Park
- ∞Off-road game viewing permitted to get up close to unique wildlife sightings
- ∞Maximum of six people per open safari vehicle
- ∞Only nine luxury suites (maximum of 18 guests)
- ∞Free WiFi in public areas
- ∞Spa treatments available in your room or in the luxury spa
More about this accommodation
Narina Lodge looks rather like a luxurious treehouse, perched up high among the tree canopy overlooking the Sabie River. The main lodge connects to the nine private suites via raised wooden walkways.
Luxurious, air-conditioned suites
The nine luxury suites are all completely private – each with an en-suite bathroom with an indoor and outdoor shower, its own private plunge pool and viewing deck overlooking the tranquil Sabie River. At Narina, you can choose to be as private as you like – or join the others in the communal lounge/dining area with its own pool and deck.
Wide variety of game activities
You’re spoilt for choice at Narina Lodge: morning and evening game drives in open safari vehicles that are permitted off-road, bush walks with expert guides, bird watching, astronomy, bush breakfasts, bush dinners, river walks, hippo tours, safari lunches, wildlife lectures, treehouse sleepovers, boma dinners, wellness treatments and local village experiences.
By air: daily scheduled flights connect between Cape Town/ Johannesburg and Skukuza Airport (inside Kruger National Park). Private charters are available directly into Lion Sands.
By car: an easy 5-hour drive from Johannesburg. We can also arrange road transfers if you prefer.
Our take on Narina
It is an exceptionally beautiful lodge, situated in an exceptionally beautiful place: one of those special places where you can really relax and unwind. Being higher up also gives you an excellent view out over the Sabie River where game often come down to drink, especially in the drier months. Part of the MORE group of lodges, they are well-known for their service quality, superb hospitality and lodges of the highest standard.
- ∞Luxury Accommodation on a full board basis
- ∞Teas/Coffees, soft drinks, local-brand beers and spirits & house wines
- ∞Two game drives daily with FGASA qualified ranger & tracker
- ∞Game drive refreshments & snacks
- ∞Specified inclusive safari activities
- ∞Transfers to Skukuza airport
- ∞Conservation fees
- xMini bar in room
- xPremium-brand beers, spirits, cellar wines & champagnesCigars & cigarettes
- xAll flights and transfers
- xGratuitiesTelephone calls
- xCurio shop purchases
- xSpa treatments
- xSabi Sand Reserve/ Kruger National Park entrance fees
- xAny items of a personal nature
s Other Accommodations to Compare With
= Star Rating Explanation
The star rating refers to the official grading given to this lodge or hotel by the Tourism Grading Council. In some cases the star rating is not official, but represents our own estimate of the accommodation.
One star means very basic accommodation
Two stars means comfortable, clean accommodation that is not overly spacious or luxurious. Basic facilities.
Three stars means good quality accommodation with en-suite bathroom and a reasonable level of luxury. Very comfortable and reasonably spacious.
Four stars means luxury accommodation of high quality, with most modern conveniences. High quality service, food and facilities.
Five stars means spacious, ultra luxury accommodation with the highest standards of service, food and facilities. All modern conveniences can be expected, although some facilities like air-conditioning cannot be guaranteed at all 5-star lodges, due to limited availability of electricity.