Impodimo Game Lodge Safari Lodge
Situated high on a rocky ridge in malaria-free, Big 5 Madikwe Game Reserve, Impodimo Game Lodge offers fabulous views and good value-for-money. They use Shangaan trekkers and 7-seater game-viewing vehicles to give you a really personal safari experience. The lodge offers tailored child-friendly programmes for the little ones including ‘bush bumble’ game drives.
* Impodimo Game Lodge Highlights
- ∞ Situated in the western part of Madikwe
- ∞ Great views from the lodge
- ∞ Shangaan Trekkers and smaller 7-seater Land Rovers for private game viewing
- ∞ Bush walks with experienced field guides and rangers
- ∞ Special children activity programmes, game drives & welcome packs
- ∞ Standard and family/deluxe suites
- ∞ Last-minute specials, especially for South Africans
More about this accommodation
Impodimo Game Lodge offers very good value-for-money and is one of the more child-friendly safari lodges. There are only 10 suites: 8 standard and 2 deluxe, all with en-suite bathrooms and outdoor, open-air showers, closed-system fireplace and a covered patio.
Family and Deluxe Suites
The family suites have their own dedicated game-viewing vehicle. The deluxe suites have their own private boma deck with a plunge pool , lounge and dining room. All meals are served in-house, catered for by a private chef. Local drinks and selected house wines are also included.
Excellent Game Viewing
Owner/managers Steve and Debbie have given much thought to providing the ultimate safari experience. Shangaan trekkers are used on smaller game-viewing vehicles (7-seater Land Rovers) to give you personalised game viewing. Children are specially catered for, too. A child-friendly ‘bush bumble’ gives them a view into the fascinating, less dangerous creatures that make Madikwe their home.
Built on a Rocky Outcrop
Well-positioned in the western part of Madikwe Game Reserve, near the Wonderboom Gate, Impodimo Game Lodge offers sweeping views out over the plains below as well as the nearby waterhole where the wildlife often come to drink.
Getting to Impodimo Game Lodge
By car: An easy 3 – 4 hours’ drive from Johannesburg, 2 hours’ drive from Gaberone. Road transfers can be arranged.
By air: There are daily scheduled flights from OR Tambo (Johannesburg) International to Madikwe airstrip (flight is ¾ hour). Chartered flights can be arranged.
Our take on Impodimo Game Lodge
Great value, superb game-viewing and lots of thoughtful extras make Impodimo a popular malaria-free safari choice time and time again.
- ∞Two daily safari activities, local drinks on safari
- ∞Accommodation, all meals, teas & snacks
- ∞Family Safari Suite: As above plus full use of unit and sole use of safari vehicle
- ∞Deluxe Safari Suite: As per family safari suite, including a private chef with all meals catered for in the unit as well as local drinks and selected house wines.
- xEntrance fees to Madikwe Game Reserve
- xBed levy
- xAll drinks unless specified
- xItems of a personal nature
- xSpa treatments
s Other Accommodations to Compare With
= Star Rating Explanation
The star rating refers to the official grading given to this lodge or hotel by the Tourism Grading Council. In some cases the star rating is not official, but represents our own estimate of the accommodation.
One star means very basic accommodation
Two stars means comfortable, clean accommodation that is not overly spacious or luxurious. Basic facilities.
Three stars means good quality accommodation with en-suite bathroom and a reasonable level of luxury. Very comfortable and reasonably spacious.
Four stars means luxury accommodation of high quality, with most modern conveniences. High quality service, food and facilities.
Five stars means spacious, ultra luxury accommodation with the highest standards of service, food and facilities. All modern conveniences can be expected, although some facilities like air-conditioning cannot be guaranteed at all 5-star lodges, due to limited availability of electricity.