DumaTau Camp Tented Camp
DumaTau Camp is an intimate, luxury safari tented camp overlooking an enormous lagoon in Botswana's northern Linyanti area. Bordered to the east by Chobe National Park, DumaTau enjoys an abundance of wildlife and birds, as it's close to the Linyanti marches and the source of the Savute, near the confluence of the Kwando and Linyanti rivers. Its remote position offers you a private, unhurried safari experience in one of Botswana's pristine conservation areas.
* DumaTau Camp Highlights
- ∞Excellent game-viewing area and birding hotspot
- ∞Abundant elephant populations, especially in the dry season
- ∞Small, luxury camp accommodates up to 20 people
- ∞Luxury en-suite tented accommodation on raised wooden decks with walkways
- ∞Great combination of land and water-based game viewing activities
- ∞Overlooks extensive lagoon
- ∞Raised hide where sleep-outs can be arranged
- ∞Barge available for sunset cruises
- ∞Swimming pool and on-site massage treatments
- ∞100% solar powered
- ∞Tree re-forestation project
More about this accommodation
Recently refurbished (May 2018), DumaTau's private, luxury tents are raised on wooden decks, two of which are family-friendly, It is an intimate, luxury lodge overlooking an expansive lagoon in one of Botswana's prime wilderness areas.
There are 10 deluxe en-suite safari tents, each with full en-suite facilities, endless views over the lagoon, elevated on wooden decks, with mosquito nets, ceiling and pedestal fans for summer, extra blankets and hot water bottles for winter. The two family units comprise two en-suite rooms with their own entrance and deck, separated by a wooden walkway.
Overlooking an enormous lagoon, DumaTau Camp is designed for game viewing with expansive decks, open-sided dining room and bar and a floating-fire pit for evening campfires looking out over the water. There's a library stocked with excellent reference books, a curio shop and massages are available by arrangement in the privacy of your tent.
Land and Water-Based Game Viewing
Close to abundant waterways: Linyanti Marsh, the Savute and the Kwando/Linyanti confluence, DumaTau has regular sightings of lion, cheetah and wild dogs. Elephants are prolific, especially in winter when they congregate locally to drink. Large plain animals are plentiful: red lechwe, zebra, giraffe and various antelope. The area is also a birder's paradise. Fishing is available on a catch-and-release basis. Game viewing is 80% by land in open safari vehicles (maximum of 7 passengers) offering each guest an outside seat. The remaining 20% is offered on water by motorised boats and a barge provides leisurely sunset cruises.
Private Concession offers Greater Flexibility
Game drives are permissible by day and night and the vehicles are allowed to go off-road to get closer to good game sightings, safari highlights which are not allowed in national parks. Nature walks can be arranged with a professional ranger and there is a game-viewing hide where overnight sleep-outs can be arranged on request.
DumaTau is only accessible by small aircraft, operated by Wilderness Air. Discounted flight packages are available if you stay at several of their lodges in a combined itinerary.
Our Take on DumaTau Camp
As with all Wilderness properties, you can expect a warm welcome, excellent hospitality and an attention to detail and your comfort that ensures an unbeatable safari experience. Recommended with confidence.
- ∞All luxury accommodation and meals
- ∞Local drinks
- ∞2 Game viewing activities daily
- xPremium imported brands
- xGratuities (not compulsory)
s Other Accommodations to Compare With
= Star Rating Explanation
The star rating refers to the official grading given to this lodge or hotel by the Tourism Grading Council. In some cases the star rating is not official, but represents our own estimate of the accommodation.
One star means very basic accommodation
Two stars means comfortable, clean accommodation that is not overly spacious or luxurious. Basic facilities.
Three stars means good quality accommodation with en-suite bathroom and a reasonable level of luxury. Very comfortable and reasonably spacious.
Four stars means luxury accommodation of high quality, with most modern conveniences. High quality service, food and facilities.
Five stars means spacious, ultra luxury accommodation with the highest standards of service, food and facilities. All modern conveniences can be expected, although some facilities like air-conditioning cannot be guaranteed at all 5-star lodges, due to limited availability of electricity.