7 day Flying Namibian Safari Ÿ Can be customised
This 7 day fly-in safari covers most of Namibia’s best and most iconic safari destinations – the distinctive ochre dunes of Sossusvlei, the twisted, desolate landscape of Damaraland and the Kaokoveld where you’re likely to spot the legendary desert-adapted elephant and Etosha, Namibia’s ancient national park. Flying over this vast country, you'll also get an insight into its fascinating detail and incredible landscapes.
* 7 day Flying Namibian Safari Highlights
- ∞Sossusvlei Dunes – the highest free-standing dunes in the world
- ∞Dramatic Damaraland with its geological phenomena and desert-adapted wildlife
- ∞Kaokoveld desert region
- ∞Etosha National Park, one of the most ancient, game-rich parks in Africa
- ∞Flying between camps allows you to cover enormous distances
- ∞Excellent mix of highlights for first-time and seasoned visitors to Namibia
- ∞Luxury safari camps set in enormous private concessions
Day 1 & 2: Fly from Windhoek to Kulala Wilderness Reserve, Sossusvlei (2 nights)
Day 3 & 4: Fly north to Torra Conservancy, Damaraland
Day 5 & 6: Fly to Ongava Game Reserve bordering Etosha National Park
Day 7: Return flight to Windhoek
Day 1 & 2:
Flying from Windhoek, you’ll enjoy views of the towering dunes, mountains and desert floor. You’ll spend the next two nights at Little Kulala luxury desert camp in the wilderness reserve with easy access to the towering burnt-red dunes of Sossusvlei. Up early to take advantage of the soft, morning light, you’ll visit the dunes and the fascinating Sesriem canyon and enjoy scenic sundowners. Hot air balloon excursions are a terrific way to experience the light, silence and enormity of this ancient desert (extra cost, weather permitting).
Days 3 & 4:
Departing Sossusvlei, you’ll head northwards with a scenic flight over the Namib Desert to get a view of the incredible ‘dune sea’ as well as catching a glimpse of one of the famous shipwrecks or old mining camps. Landing for refuelling at Swakopmund, you’ll head inland to the flat-topped mountains of Damaraland where you’ll spend the next two nights at Damaraland Camp. This area is famous for its diverse wildlife as well as the desert-adapted elephant and black rhino. It’s also an outstanding example of successful partnership with the local Torra community.
Days 5 & 6:
Fly onwards to Ongava Game Reserve by light aircraft, getting a look at the stark contrast between the barren, rocky landscapes of Damaraland and Kaokoveld and the greener, grassy plains of Ongava and Etosha National Park. Your home for the next two nights will be either Ongava Tented Camp or Ongava Lodge. The tented camp overlooks a busy waterhole which attracts a myriad wildlife. The lodge is built around a rocky outcrop and the vast plains. At night, its waterhole is floodlit and you can watch for hours as the many night visitors come to quench their thirst.
After a short but unforgettable overview of Namibia and its riches, you’ll transfer by light aircraft to Hosea Kutako International Airport for your onward travel arrangements.
- This trip is priced from
- R61281.00 $4590.00 £3526.00 €4106.00
- Full Pricing Info
- ∞Flights on light aircraft as detailed
- ∞Luxury accommodation as detailed with all meals
- ∞Two guided game activities daily at each lodge
- ∞Includes as per each lodge
- xInternational flights and visas
- xOptional extras eg hot air ballooning at Sossusvlei
- xItems of a personal nature