Kruger Park Safari Package - 3 Days Ÿ Can be customised
The 3-day Kruger National Park safari is designed for those really pressed for time, who want a quick and affordable way to see the Kruger National Park in the company of an expert guide. We also call it the Kruger Quickie Safari and it departs on set dates from Johannesburg or Nelspruit. For groups of 4 or more people, we can arrange a custom departure on any day of the week (additional costs will apply). Book early to avoid disappointment!
* Kruger Park Safari Package - 3 Days Highlights
- ∞ Duration 2 nights / 3 days
- ∞ Regular scheduled departures
- ∞ Departs from Johannesburg or Nelspruit
- ∞ Open vehicle game drives in Kruger National Park
- ∞ Highly experienced guide
- ∞ Small group size
- ∞ Bungalow or chalet accommodation (no camping)
- ∞ Best game viewing areas in Kruger National Park
- ∞ Night drive possible as optional extra
- ∞ Courtesy binoculars, map book and reference books on board
We depart from Johannesburg around 08h30 (or from Nelspruit around 12h30), and enjoy a scenic drive to the Kruger National Park, in the comfort of an air-conditioned vehicle. At the entrance gate we switch to an open safari vehicle. Game viewing begins as soon as we enter the gates. While making our way to the camp, we search for wildlife and you can expect to see giraffe, zebra, wildebeest, elephants, rhino, buffalo, kudu, impala and various other animals. Dinner will be prepared by your guide and may take the form of a traditional South African braai (barbecue), weather permitting. Alternatively, we may use the camp restaurant.
The camp is safely fenced with an electric fence, and features a swimming pool, restaurant, curio shop and viewing deck overlooking the river. Overnight in an air-conditioned bungalow with mosquito screens, overhead fan and en-suite bathroom.
We rise early and head out for an early morning game drive, looking for the Big Five and any other wildlife we may come across. Early morning is the best time for game viewing. We may see hyenas returning to their den, or baboons playing in the sun, or a herd of elephants coming to the river to drink. Every drive is different, and part of the excitement of a game drive is not knowing what you will see. A hearty breakfast will be enjoyed a bit later in the morning, along the way at a picnic site or at one of the other camps.
The game drives on this safari are flexible, and there is no set time for returning to camp. If the day gets hot and we have seen plenty of animals, we may head back to camp after breakfast. If everyone feels fresh and we decide to stay out longer, we may do that. Usually we spend the hot midday hours around camp, where you can browse in the curio shop, relax at the swimming pool or watch animals from the deck overlooking the river. Some people prefer to enjoy a siesta.
During the afternoon, we head out on another game drive. As the day cools down, the animals become more active and this is a good time again for game viewing. Along the way, we may stop at various lookout points, game viewing hides or picnic spots where you can stretch your legs a little.
We return to camp at around sunset, and enjoy dinner around the fire or in the camp restaurant.
This morning we head out on our final morning game drive, in search of any wildlife that may have eluded us thus far. We hope to see some of the big cats, like lions, leopards, or cheetahs. While we don't see them on every safari, our records show that we have found at least one of the big cats on over 90% of all our Kruger Park safaris. After breakfast, it is time to pack up and start making our way toward the exit gate, as we come to the end of this mini safari. We usually arrive back in Johannesburg between 4-5 pm.
- This is our shortest Kruger Park safari, ideal for those with very limited time, but who still want to experience the wonderful wildlife of one of the world's most famous game reserves. (Due to the distance from Johannesburg, it does not make sense to visit Kruger just for one night, so our 2-night Kruger Quickie Safari is the shortest we offer.)
- Please Book Early! Short notice availability on all our Kruger National Park safaris is very limited.
- It's good to compare different safaris and their prices - there are lots of options out there. But cheaper is not always better. Avoid disappointment by first reading our informative Guide to Comparing Safaris (opens in a new window).
Quick links to other popular Kruger Park Safaris:
- This trip is priced from
- R7600.00 $569.00 £437.00 €509.00
- Full Pricing Info
- See Departure Dates
- ∞ Return transfers from Johannesburg (or Nelspruit)
- ∞ 2 Nights' comfortable accommodation
- ∞ Breakfast / brunches and dinners
- ∞ All game drives
- ∞ Entrance fees and daily conservation fees
- xInternational flights
- xPersonal travel insurance
- xPersonal expenses
- xOptional extras
- xThere are no hidden costs
Scheduled Tour Departures
This trip departs and ends at Johannesburg on the following dates. If you know which dates suit you, go ahead and make a selection below. If none of these dates suit you, please do contact us to request a custom departure at an additional cost on the date of your choice, subject to availability.