Jaci's Tree Lodge, Madikwe Game Reserve Safari Tree Camp
Jaci’s Tree Lodge, situated in the Big 5, malaria-free Madikwe Game Reserve, is a collection of luxurious tree houses on stilts high above the ground, connected by wooden walkways. These unique tree-top rooms offer you a magnificent safari experience: you’ll be able to watch the wildlife passing below you and enjoy superb views out from your elevated vantage point.
* Jaci’s Tree Lodge Highlights
- ∞Unique tree-house safari experience
- ∞Incredible viewpoint from on high
- ∞Excellent bird watching opportunities as you’re almost a part of the tree canopy
- ∞Private lookout balcony for excellent private game viewing
- ∞Luxurious, private accommodation, great for honeymooners
- ∞Fantastic birding and game-viewing hide overlooking the waterhole where sleep-outs can be arranged
- ∞Excellent location within the malaria-free Madikwe Game Reserve
More about this accommodation
This tree-top lodge provides a unique tree-house safari experience as you’re ‘perched’ up high, with great lookout opportunities. If you sit quietly on your private deck, you can often witness the resident birds and smaller mammals going about their daily business, undetected.
The tree-houses are individually decorated in a vibrant, ethnic theme. Made from natural wood and thatch, they blend seamlessly into their surroundings.
Romantic Tree Houses
The king-sized beds, stone en-suite baths and private outdoor showers are romantic touches enjoyed by honeymooners seeking the perfect safari hideaway. All creature comforts are catered for – air-conditioning in summer and heating to keep you warm in winter.
Getting to Jaci's Tree Lodge
By Air: There are daily scheduled flights from OR Tambo International Airport (Johannesburg) to Jaci's Lodges – flights are about 1 hour. Private charters can also be arranged.
By Road: Jaci's is an easy 4-hour drive from Johannesburg or only 2 hrs from Gaborone. Road transfers can be arranged with pleasure. Please note – if self-driving, get updated travelling directions from us before departing. Roads do change and specific gates need to be used for specific lodges.
Our take on Jaci’s Tree Lodge
Jaci’s Tree Lodge offers a unique tree-house safari experience that’s perfect for honeymooners or those looking for a relaxing hideaway away from (and high above!) it all. The lodge has one of the best locations in Madikwe from a game viewing point-of-view.
- ∞Dinner, Brunch
- ∞Game Drives
- ∞Return transfers in an open game vehicle from the Eastern Airstrip when flying with FedAir
- ∞VAT at 14%
- xLunch on day of arrival (please arrange with them beforehand if you’d like this too)
- xAll drinks, including mineral water and sundowners
- xCurio purchases, massages and gratuities (optional)
- xMadikwe Game Reserve entrance fees/ Airstrip tax
s Other Accommodations to Compare With
= Star Rating Explanation
The star rating refers to the official grading given to this lodge or hotel by the Tourism Grading Council. In some cases the star rating is not official, but represents our own estimate of the accommodation.
One star means very basic accommodation
Two stars means comfortable, clean accommodation that is not overly spacious or luxurious. Basic facilities.
Three stars means good quality accommodation with en-suite bathroom and a reasonable level of luxury. Very comfortable and reasonably spacious.
Four stars means luxury accommodation of high quality, with most modern conveniences. High quality service, food and facilities.
Five stars means spacious, ultra luxury accommodation with the highest standards of service, food and facilities. All modern conveniences can be expected, although some facilities like air-conditioning cannot be guaranteed at all 5-star lodges, due to limited availability of electricity.