Hamiltons Tented Camp Tented Camp
Hamiltons Tented Camp in the Kruger National Park offers luxury accommodation in six luxurious, fully-equipped safari tents. Styled according to an African safari of the early 20th Century, Hamiltons captures the romance and elegance of a bygone era. The lodge is situated in an excellent game viewing area, within a private concession in the Kruger National Park.
* Hamiltons Tented Camp Highlights
- ∞ Situated in the famous Kruger National Park
- ∞ Big 5 game viewing
- ∞ Luxury, fully-equipped tents with air conditioning
- ∞ Private verandas with breathtaking views over the Ngwenyeni Dam
- ∞ En-suite bathrooms with outdoor showers
- ∞ Timber walkways connecting tents to main lodge
- ∞ Open tented lounge
- ∞ Open vehicle game drives
- ∞ Relaxing spa treatments
- ∞ Swimming pool
More about this accommodation
Hamiltons Tented Camp consists of 6 beautifully-appointed, air conditioned tents, situated among the Jackalberry treetops. Each tent includes an en-suite bathroom, as well as an outdoor shower. Mosquito nets will ensure peaceful sleep, while endless views over the Ngwenyeni Dam can be enjoyed from your private veranda. Raised timber walkways lead from the tents to the main lodge.
At the main lodge, guests can relax in the comfortable lounge area, stylishly decorated with 20th Century objets d'art. The viewing deck and swimming pool offer beautiful views over the dam and surrounding bush. Meal teams offer a combination of fine African and contemporary cuisine, supplemented by a world-class wine list. The African health spa offers a variety of relaxing treatments, and a butler service is available to ensure a comfortable, relaxing stay.
Open vehicle game drives through the Kruger National Park are conducted by trained safari guides, every morning and evening. The vast private concession area that Hamiltons shares with Imbali Safari Lodge and Hoyo Hoyo Tsonga Lodge is an area abundant in wildlife, including the Big 5 - lion, leopard, elephant, rhino and buffalo. Other species that are commonly seen in the area include giraffe, zebra, wildebeest, impala, sable antelope, kudu, hippo, cheetah, wild dogs, hyenas and more.
Hamiltons Tented Camp can be reached by private charter flight, or by road transfer from Hoedspruit airport. It is also possible to drive yourself to the lodge.
- ∞Accommodation, three meals and beverages (soft drinks, water, beer, selected wines & spirits). Two game drives and VAT at 14%.Luxury tented accommodation
- ∞Three meals per day and beverages (soft drinks, water, beer, selected wines & spirits)
- ∞Two game drives per day
- ∞VAT at 14%
- ∞Complimentary transfers from Skukuza Airport and/or Hoedspruit Airport with the Imbali transfer vehicle, subject to availability at time of reservation
- xTransfers not specified
- xPremium brand beverages
- xGate entry fees, payable per person per stay
s Other Accommodations to Compare With
= Star Rating Explanation
The star rating refers to the official grading given to this lodge or hotel by the Tourism Grading Council. In some cases the star rating is not official, but represents our own estimate of the accommodation.
One star means very basic accommodation
Two stars means comfortable, clean accommodation that is not overly spacious or luxurious. Basic facilities.
Three stars means good quality accommodation with en-suite bathroom and a reasonable level of luxury. Very comfortable and reasonably spacious.
Four stars means luxury accommodation of high quality, with most modern conveniences. High quality service, food and facilities.
Five stars means spacious, ultra luxury accommodation with the highest standards of service, food and facilities. All modern conveniences can be expected, although some facilities like air-conditioning cannot be guaranteed at all 5-star lodges, due to limited availability of electricity.